Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: S-W600 Goldenstar laser update...

Default UPDATE: S-W600 Goldenstar laser update...

Well, I wish I had asked Winni about getting 30k scanners instead of the 20k it came stock with... Still, the laser STILL works great, just wanna bit better options... She said the 30k scanners can be installed in the laser no problem... Unfortunately, I have NO idea how to do this... Any laserists in or near the metro Atlanta area? (I'm about 35 miles north of Atlanta, towards South Carolina (90 miles up I-85)... I'd be willing to travel if necessary, but really wanna upgrade the scanners at least to that for now... She quoted me a price of $171 altogether (scanners, paypal, & shipping fees...)

You guys/gals think this is worth doing?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

if you're going to do graphics/abstracts/animations, yes. it you're just into doing beams, no.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    Well, I wish I had asked Winni about getting 30k scanners instead of the 20k it came stock with... Still, the laser STILL works great, just wanna bit better options... She said the 30k scanners can be installed in the laser no problem... Unfortunately, I have NO idea how to do this... Any laserists in or near the metro Atlanta area? (I'm about 35 miles north of Atlanta, towards South Carolina (90 miles up I-85)... I'd be willing to travel if necessary, but really wanna upgrade the scanners at least to that for now... She quoted me a price of $171 altogether (scanners, paypal, & shipping fees...)

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post

Just hold off until SELEM and I'm sure you'll find the help you need
    Neat!

Okay, what's SELEM?!? And where? I assume this is a laser event? Probably too far to drive... If anyone's nearby?!?

Oh, and yeah, graphics, abstracts, etc... Don't really care about "beams," to me the cool thing is all the graphics, kaleidoscopes and images those three beams can make on my wall...
    Last edited by VibrationsOfDoom; 02-20-2014 at 14:02. Reason: more info added...

What SELEM is to me-- an event to NEVER miss- its a 17 +hour drive there and worth it- you may not agree but IMO you are lucky to live so close. *If you brought a PJ and a set of new scanners.... there will be guys there that will turn that into a seminar on replacing and upgrading(by using your galvos & Pj)- IMO- if you are going to do that I would wait and get ScannerMAX 506 compact- sure to be an easy fit- and a huge upgrade in every way..but as was said- for beam shows even 15K can work and some with faster scanners lower the speed with the software(QS) when doing just beams..

btw I suggest you add your location in your profile so it appears under your UN.

hope to meet you in Aug--arrive early and stay late!!! hak

Hi friend ,
    For scanner ,the better and fast scanner ,u can get better pattern smoothly from it . I am agree with that some friends that they say if u just want to change it to make beam show ,really not worth . If make graphic,u can think about it .

The event is like 225 miles from me (SELEM That is)... VERY doable, as I mentioned in another thread it's less driving distance there than it is for me to go from metro Atlanta to my old hometown of Savannah.. IN the same state lol...

That being said, I dunno if I want to wait that long before I get those scanners replaced... Coulda sworn I saw someone in South Carolina...

Winni quoted me a price of $171 for the scanners I need for the S-W600... As I said what I have works good, but I think I could do more complex graphics better with better scanners (how many of those things do I need anyway? From the pics it looks like there's 3, one for each colored laser... )

Hey dude.
    Where can i find that laser on their website?
    The chepeast ones i founn are the green or blue 100 mw lasers, which cost $200 without shipping and only 20K scanners...

I don't think she makes that anymore... Make sure you keep checking her site, as the contents seem to change from month to month...

That being said, I noticed Winni has 40k scanners for sale on her site... Wondering if I should grab those instead...

While I'm thinking about it, when I order a scanner set (these things: http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/al40k-p-304.html)...
    Do I need 3 scanners, one for each laser, or would this setup cover all 3 lasers in the unit? Looks like there's enough "equipment" to cover 3 different colored lasers that are in my S-W600

Cool. Thanks Magus. Still don't know a hell of a lot about these wonderful multicolor devices, but I'ze learning...

Thinking maybe I should grab 40k scanners, especially since the SD card reader included in the unit can be set to as high as 40k internally....

BTW: Did you know there's a pretty kick ass band from Scandinavia known as Grand Magus? Heck, you know I oughtta DJ the SELEM event, I could pull obscure and rare bands outta the air that would blow your minds...