Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan 'splash guards' ??

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Yep, just like that but full circle
    What size fans are you using? I'll whip one up right quick.
    Neat!

They're 60mm ...........
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    They're 60mm ...........
    How's this look? $1.50 a piece plus shipping. They weigh 2.5 grams each and I can do them in black if you'd prefer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan shroud.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	42280
    Neat!

I thought about positive air pressure, but didn't know if it would matter so I didn't mention my fallback plan. Try an impeller fan that fits the same location. It allows more filter to get closer to the fan without fouling the rotating part, and if you put the rectangular side outlet on the floor pointing sideways you limit the area where fluid can collect, and you could put a small soldering iron sponge or similar thing to soak up the fluid. This fan type can push more air than the standard propeller type too so you might get more flow, or less noise. It should be possible to do this with little or no extra space used, compared to a shroud which could use lots.

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    How's this look? $1.50 a piece plus shipping. They weigh 2.5 grams each and I can do them in black if you'd prefer.

That looks great. Attach a small tube to the bottom and run it into a bottle.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Methinks you should probably consider passive cooling if you're running a projector in such high humidity environments that you need a condensate drain. But if you REALLY want it, I can engineer something quite nifty that would fit the bill.
    Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    TBH why bother with a bottle? It only has to be emptied and if spilt makes the situation far worse especially internally.

Personally I'd suggest a pipe to a nipple that passes through the projector casing and just lets the condensation drip out onto the floor below. Provided you don't mount your projectors over other electronics or in publicly accessible areas a few mils of water shouldn't be an issue. Quick wipe under the projector with a cloth at the end of the night, and your good to go. If there is an issue, then I'm sure there would be some way of mounting an external reservoir to catch the condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post

Is that 3D printed??

Yep. I REALLY gotta gets me a 3D printer! All those odd little projector parts you could make up really pro looking.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Personally I'd suggest a pipe to a nipple that passes through the projector casing and just lets the condensation drip out onto the floor below. Provided you don't mount your projectors over other electronics or in publicly accessible areas a few mils of water shouldn't be an issue. Quick wipe under the projector with a cloth at the end of the night, and your good to go. If there is an issue, then I'm sure there would be some way of mounting an external reservoir to catch the condensation.
    You'd cause a venturi effect, and draw dust and air into the projector. If you run a tube into a capped fix bottle it cant spill unless you turn the projector upside down. Even then you can put a cheap aquarium one way air valve on so it would never leak. All you'd need to do is the check the bottle every once in a while, and drain as needed.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK