Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD Card ILDA help

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Laserboy doesn't do live control, but can fix your ilda files. The chil effect has some things in place that try to fix the files like colour shift.

Singaudio never posted his results so we don't know if exporting as format 0 without palette actually helped. Can you load the files into IldaViewer and look at what format they are? If they're format 0 you know the issue is something else.
    Use the version in this post: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...325#post291325

I'm still working on a new release with lots of cool new unique features but there are always exams and deadlines and stuff that need to be done...

The LaserBoy method might help to get your files compatible.
    What I did to make the files work on my projector, is rename them the same as the files that are already displayed.
    For example:
    The first "playlist" is EFFEC000.EFF
    The first Ilda file it displays is called Aurora17.ild in my projector.
    Check if it's the same in your projector.
    Keep in mind I have a Mini Netline, so the filenames may differ.
    I have replaced the 256MB MMC(SD)-Card that came with the projector for a 16GB Sandisk SDHC with Fat32-file system, and copied all the files over, that worked for me.
    So, maybe you have a SD-Card lying around to test (perhaps from a Digital Camera?).

I'm curious if it will work for your projector as well.

Someone sent me a file that he wanted to work on one of these SD card readers and even after chil in LaserBoy is still did not display.

I looked at it and it seems like he used some sort of CAD software and converted from some other form of vector art to ILDA.

In one frame he was tracing over the same image multiple times, like six or more.

That presented a single frame with WAY TOO MANY points!

I think that was what busted it.

So check that.

If you go into menu u you can display the vectors in order through time as the Z axis. Then you can get back to the main menu and press and hold the digit 4 to spin space around so you can see exactly what order the vectors are in and you can see if there are multiple traces of the same image.

You can also open one of the frame sets that came on the SD card from the factory that works in LaserBoy and analyze it for the average distance between vectors. You can then use those same values in the settings of LaserBoy to optimize your own art to meet those specifications.

With a frame set loaded, hit the ? key to see frame stats.

James.
    Last edited by james; 08-10-2015 at 14:10.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Boempa, did you ever play around with the EFFEC000.EFF file? Opening it in a text editor or something?

Yes, it's a plain text-file, linking the order of which animations are played when:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...07676591827149

I think it should be possible to just add extra files, but haven't tested it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it's a plain text-file, linking the order of which animations are played when:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=52395707676591827149

I think it should be possible to just add extra files, but haven't tested it yet.