Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Card ILDA help

Question SD Card ILDA help

hi,

I'm new to this forum and lasers and I have some question I did not found on the internet.
    I bought EVMA Showlaser - Smartline II RGB 800 Laser with ilda and sd card support.

So I want to make my own ild file for the SD card which I did in bmp2ild progrm and play it on my laser via dmx.
    and now to problem starts, i cant get the file out,.
    I put my sd card in the laser and when i pull up the dmx channel which controls the sd card nothing is happening.
    and also when i try to load from laser (on the lcd) it says "no file".

maybe I'm doing it wrong. is there any standard for the name of the file/sd card/ folder it must be? or something?
    Last edited by singaudio; 02-20-2014 at 04:40.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hi,

Try this program: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Ilda-view-tool
    Load your ilda file, and save it again as Ilda version 0 with the "64Ilda" palette, converting RGB colours to the best fitting colour. Then load in the resulting ilda file again and export without palette. This should result in a file that can be read with the correct colours.
    I have heard some kinds of SD card readers only accept V0 files without palettes (they use the default 64 colour palette which is stored internally). I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a try. It could be it only accepts V1 files as well so experiment along.
    If you have working ilda files, you can load them into the program and see what version they are.
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 02-20-2014 at 05:48.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Hi,

Try this program: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Ilda-view-tool
    Load your ilda file, and save it again as Ilda version 0 with the "64Ilda" palette, converting RGB colours to the best fitting colour. Then load in the resulting ilda file again and export without palette. This should result in a file that can be read with the correct colours.
    I have heard some kinds of SD card readers only accept V0 files without palettes (they use the default 64 colour palette which is stored internally). I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a try. It could be it only accepts V1 files as well so experiment along.
    If you have working ilda files, you can load them into the program and see what version they are.
    Hi thanks for the advice, I tried this program but it seems I cant get him running I tried on windows 8.1 64bit and nothing, then on windows 7 32-bit and i got the frame of the app but nothing in it and nothing happened after a while, and then on windows 7 64bit and also the same on the 8.1 nothing happened just like it's opening but thats all, nothing happened. and on mac os - maverics it says error with unable to load java enviroment. I got the latest java update on all machines an OS.
    Can you advise me another one to try which is freeware? or you have some solution to my problem? and thanks for replay

EDIT:
    I got it working!!!
    like this i pull out virtual machine on mac osx with windows 7 64bit and i got it, dont know how and why but finally.
    I will try the rest of the advice tommorow and let you know the results. Cheers
    Last edited by singaudio; 02-20-2014 at 12:22.

That's weird. It does sound like a Java error. Are you sure it has the latest Java version? Can you open Processing at all? Do you have a more detailed error log?
    It could as well be a OpenGL error, but that would surprise me, as usually the program tries to boot up and complains in the console window.

Another freeware tool is Laserboy. Takes a while to get used to.

I can't get this to work on Windows 8.1 64 bit (also tried a Virtual Machine Windows 7 64 bit, got the same error)
    Here's what the window says:
    Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jogamp.co
    mmon.jvm.JVMUtil.initialize(Ljava/nio/ByteBufferZ
    at jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.initialize(Native Method)
    at jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.<clinit>(JVMUtil.java:58 )
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java: 206)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.ja va:173)
    at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.ja va:82)
    at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initSurface(PJOGL.java:238 )
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.initPrimary(PGra phicsOpenGL.java:59
    88)
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.requestDraw(PGra phicsOpenGL.java:16
    00)
    at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2177)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks for the help.

Looks like an opengl error. Make sure you have OpenGL 2.0 installed on your computer (check Google). Some computers have both an Intel video card (without OpenGL 2.0) and an NVidia card (with OpenGL 2.0) but the Intel card is used by default. It could be a very simple fix to tell the program to use the correct video card but you'll have to look it up how to do that on your system.

Edit:
    fixed, thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by boempa; 07-26-2015 at 14:23.

I'm having the exact same problem with a smartline rgb laser. When I put .ild files on the sd card that is in the laser nothing shows up in the inbuilt menu. It always says "No File"

I've tried downloading some to test, as well as creating my own in various applications and nothing seems to work

Have you tried LaserBoy?

You can open ILDA files of any format and convert the whole frame set to ILDA format 0 with a best color match the the Default palette of 63 colors.

Place your ILDA files in the ild folder inside of the LaserBoy folder to be able to open them in LaserBoy.

Once the file is open you can export a new file by hitting o to output, 1 for type ild. 5 for a frame set effect. Type chil. Hit enter. Look in the ild folder for chil.ild.

Let me know if that gets you anywhere.

Also, keep the points per frame count down to the hundreds or low thousands.

You can do a lot to optimize the frames and manage the point count in LaserBoy.

You should optimize the art before you "chil" it.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It has to be controlled via dmx. So I want to trigger and control files from the sd card via dmx