Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with DT40 scanners Help Please!!

Question Problem with DT40 scanners Help Please!!

Ok I have some problems with a set of DT40 Wide scanners.
    I bought them new and I an a Noob at this.

Ok so i have it all hooked up with a 1w analog blue laser and pangolin qs3.

The + and - are all hooked up but when I output a signal the laser turns on and the scanners start moving but then they start making like a rattling noise and the put putted image is all screwed up. When it is on it looks like to me when I look at them (with the appropriate laser goggles) the mirrors appear to be in this position
    |
    _

Any help Please? Its nearing 11 at night and i am beyond frustrated and hope to come back to it tomorrow…

Thanks!!!

bsancken

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

confirm that the x driver is hooked to the x galvo and y to y.

Quote Originally Posted by bsancken View Post
    Ok I have some problems with a set of DT40 Wide scanners.
    I bought them new and I an a Noob at this.

Ok so i have it all hooked up with a 1w analog blue laser and pangolin qs3.

The + and - are all hooked up but when I output a signal the laser turns on and the scanners start moving but then they start making like a rattling noise and the put putted image is all screwed up. When it is on it looks like to me when I look at them (with the appropriate laser goggles) the mirrors appear to be in this position
    |
    _

Any help Please? Its nearing 11 at night and i am beyond frustrated and hope to come back to it tomorrow…

Thanks!!!

bsancken
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It is. The Drivers and scanners are both labeled and connected appropriately… they came in the mount and Im not sure if they need to be adjusted. Also are there any other special settings in QS i need to check(I'm on win 7)

Thanks

you should be fine with Quickshow's default setting.

please confirm that the +/- 24v psu is wired up properly. if you post pics of your setup, i'll try to help.

It is. The Drivers and scanners are both labeled and connected appropriately… they came in the mount and Im not sure if they need to be adjusted. Also are there any other special settings in QS i need to check(I'm on win 7)

Thanks
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Okay thanks please keep in mind that I had planned to run the signal through a Ilda interface and a X/Y signal adjustment(all bought from stanwax)

I have the signals run through a homemade ilda cable and then into a breadboard.
    as I said I'm a noob at this so would not connecting the ground on the X/Y inputs to anything.
    ----feel free to scream No thats the problem-------- at me

I hope you don't mind if i wait till tomorrow to post the pics as I'm far too tired now to try and clean up my set up.

no worries. post pics tomorrow and also check your homemade cable. it's very easy to get confused when you're soldering those db25 connectors.

Okay thanks please keep in mind that I had planned to run the signal through a Ilda interface and a X/Y signal adjustment(all bought from stanwax)

I have the signals run through a homemade ilda cable and then into a breadboard.
    as I said I'm a noob at this so would not connecting the ground on the X/Y inputs to anything.
    ----feel free to scream No thats the problem-------- at me

I hope you don't mind if i wait till tomorrow to post the pics as I'm far too tired now to try and clean up my set up.

Brent
    If you have ANY problems or Questions Please dont hesitate to ask me.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I can post a youtube video and link it when I am home. It seems it will be easier to outline the details and explain.
    Thanks

-----------
    Make that tomorrow.. It looks like it will be up tomorrow bc I have seriously slow internet uplink...
    Last edited by bsancken; 01-21-2013 at 17:38.

Do the galvos move and create any image, or do they click and make no image? I recently upgraded a 1w XLaser which came with awful 12k scanners, to 25k and had to do a bit of creative wiring as the old scanners ran off one card, and the 25k's run the X and Y separately.

If they move about, making a clicking noise, then the signal wiring to them may not be hooked up correctly - I don't know what your laser had before, or if you have a home built unit.

In either case, here is what I did to get my new scanners to work in my unit:
    - output from ILDA card was X G Y
    - took X to the + on the X card and Y to the + on the Y card
    - Split the G to the other three pins left on each card (so 1 G from the ILDA card, is now split into 6)
    Scanners worked fine after that, and created images MUCH better (than the awful 12k's initially installed)

On the ground side of things , dont connect the xy ground of scan set
    Just connect the +-24v ground to pin 25
    Or you can get ground loop issues
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.