Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent - strange DT40 issue

Yes, it could be the polyswitch. I had the impression that he was scanning pretty wide and fast -- really a bit too wide and bit too fast for these scanners to keep up.

If you stop the laser input (i.e. go to basically a black frame, or press STOP) and wait just a few seconds, and then press PLAY again, does it immediately come back to life and work well again for a while, or is the situation that when X axis is freaking out, it will stay freaking out? Basically, after it freaks out, what do you have to do in order to get it to work normally again?

If it will stop freaking out after just a few seconds of rest, then it's just the the polyswitch is opening up to protect the scanner, and this will be an indication that you're simply pushing them too hard.

Bill

Mine had the EXACT same problem, easy to reset but a pain. Unplug laser....wait 3-4min.....restart laser. It was more the scan speed, not the angle that was making mine freak out..so I had to just run them slower.....but just as wide. Over time I found myself having to run them slower and slower to keep them stable I contacted DT and they linked me to some replacement polyswitches. I fixed a few sets and the problem hasn't come back yet. I'm currently running them(dt40) at 30k ~90% width , with no "freak out" issues.

These will fix your problem...It wasn't to hard to swap out either..
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Brooks,

Do you know if the polyswitch on the DT40wides are the same as the DT40's? If so, it looks like $4.39 is cheap insurance to order a pack of these since I have a few sets of DT40 scanners (both wide and pro).