Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Lava 642nm Adjustable Height Laser Module

Default Red Lava 642nm Adjustable Height Laser Module

After some time of brewing this project finally got off the ground. Using a 642nm 150mW HL6385DG diode, a custom housing (no aixiz module) and bracket, I present one of a pair of transversely polarized 120mW 642nm modules. They have an exit beam of 2mm, divergence <0.8mRad and are built on a FlexMod N2 driver with a LasOrb in the heatsink case. The module is electrically isolated from the bracket, which doubles as a heatsink to the optical breadboard for the driver. Beam height adjustment from 1 inch to about 2.25 inches to fit most situations.

At 120mW, each module is the equivalent of about 240mW 655nm, and a pair with PBS would give about 440mW 655nm visual equivalent, with good beam specs and without being overdriven DVD burner diodes.

Thanks to many people out there including Pangolin for bringing us the LASORB active diode static discharge suppressor.

If there is interest I could bring a few pairs to SELEM..

wow this is really a SEXY module!

it makes me think about the housings from o-like123 on ebay but with additional circles on it

what kind of lenses does it have?

I had a similar project in mind, but no time for now and other more important things to do

if I was in need of a good red with uneaqualed specs though, I'd buy you a couple!

Wow I like it. At least bring one for us to look at.

Thats rather cute.

Oh my, they are SMOKIN' HOT ! I'd certainly buy one to stick in a projector if you made any more available and if I had the cash at the time.

Wow. Nice work.

I especially like the heatsink idea.

Thanks guys. There are enough materials for many to be made BTO, I might make a posing in the FS/T section, just wanted to give a demo here. I sold Blu-Ray modules a lot like this years ago on ebay, since then the design may have been copied by sketchy chinese, but I haven't seen them personally.

whats the dims of the round part?, lasorb fits inside? Which lens are you using?

and how much each?
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Very nice! I also would be quite interested in buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    whats the dims of the round part?, lasorb fits inside? Which lens are you using?

and how much each?
    I second that! How much do you want, I could use one of these in the near future if all goes well in the job front...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.