Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It all starts here...

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    What kind of laser drivers are you using, and are they analog?
    Yep, Flexmod P3 drivers with LASorb's in between.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I see them now. What does the red board do?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

where did you get the mounts that are holding the 12mm diode module barrels? I have been looking for some.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    I see them now. What does the red board do?
    DZ Colour correction daughter board for Stanwax's ILDA board.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    where did you get the mounts that are holding the 12mm diode module barrels? I have been looking for some.
    Here or Here (But their delivery time sucks!!).
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Laser Warning CAD Mock Up

To make it easier to have machined the parts I need machining, I created them in a CAD package But I thing I got a bit carried away...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser Projector CAD.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	42387
    Cheers

Colin.

you didn't get carried away at all >_<

Name:	8aFdlQA.png 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	42388

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo222 View Post
    you didn't get carried away at all >_<

Name:	8aFdlQA.png 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	42388
    Nice.

I added the Laser modules to the Optical Deck:

Name:	Optics Deck.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	42401

And I've started on the Power Deck (I just have the Scanner driver boards to model)

Name:	Power Deck.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	42402

Doing this has already helped me because the scanner was not in the right place. I drew lines from the lasers to the mirrors to the scanner and found it was out by a few mm. Moved the block and spacer and repositioned the mounting holes job done. I also found where I had the mirror mounts wasn't the best place ether, so it helped me set those right too.
    Cheers

Colin.

Yeah. I added some stuff too. I didn't go as detailed on my power supply and galvo drivers since all I care about is hole spacing.
    Not sure what I'm going to do for my electronics. I think ill just make an ILDA breakout and be done with it. But I'm looking at dropping a show card in there too, I do like being able to set it to auto and ignore it. I'm still considering dropping a Peltier chip on my laser block too so I can get away with a single fan.

Name:	MgDjZ3G.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	42403

Default All Done!

Finished the modelling. Just got to find somewhere to do the machining.

Name:	Laser Projector CAD.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	42411

For fun I added 2mm beams from each laser, made them opaque and was surprised to find where they combined they changed colour! The yellow was a kind of dirty colour, the combined RGB was black not white (?) but cyan and magenta weren't too bad! What was more bizarre, if I drew lines from the lasers to the mirrors and made 90.0 degree angles as stated by the program, at maximum zoom, the lines weren't parallel and hit the steering and X mirrors at different points! Go figure!
    Cheers

Colin.

Looks good. What software are you using? Im a little jealous of your power supply and driver models, but cant be bothered to make mine better.

Also you stated earlier that you plan on making your risers out of stainless steal. I think you may consider changing that to Mild steel or aluminum since stainless is super hard and expensive to machine. You may break the bank on those 4 rods, where if you make them out of Al it will be significantly cheaper.

I'm stuck on sourcing new Dichro mirrors. The ones I have now are glued to some crappy flex-mounts and I want to make my own.