Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It all starts here...

not much... maybe 15-17mm. I don't have it handy at the moment, but you can judge from the height of the pots

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...4&d=1347657470
    "its called character briggs..."

Thanks LaNek! Only needed a rough estimate

-Hybrid
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

DISASTER!!!!.....ok bit of a setback. Two of the Flexmods have crapped out! Was trying to setup the 0v bias but the fault LED lights up after a few turns of the adjuster! need two new ones now.

Also, my Stanwax ILDA board is not working! The relay isn't operating. I have a shorted keylock connector and bypassed the E-Stop and soldered the start button bypass pads on the board but nothing after well over the default wait time. So one of those as well

As for the Colour board LaNek779, it isn't just for adjusting the colours, it helps with timing issues too. So sorry you can't have it!
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

suspicious... too many faults all of a sudden, so probably just a single cause for all this.
    If we suppose that it is not you being impatient and not reading manuals, then I suspect a sketchy psu.
    What voltage are you feeding the flexmods? Do they share the same psu as the stanwax board? (You can always call Rob and ask)

you have the "interlock defeat" cable in place on the flexmods, don't you?

ps: No timing issues in DI diodes that can't be resolved in software, so again... give it to me!

Hmmm. My FlexMods are STILL on back-order and with all these faults im wondering if I even want them anymore. Is there another laser driver of similar quality and functionality as the FlexMods that somebody could recommend? I am using the same DTR diode bundle and building the same sort of projector, just mine is significantly smaller, part of why I was attracted to the FlexMods.

ask members Bbe and dave here
    they also have drivers, which are dual and small

don't get the wrong impression. flexmods are not frequent to break down.
    even these two, we are not sure they are ... dead

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    DISASTER!!!!.....ok bit of a setback. Two of the Flexmods have crapped out! Was trying to setup the 0v bias but the fault LED lights up after a few turns of the adjuster! need two new ones now.
    If you turned down the bias on the color correction board to far, your modulation voltage drops below 0v. This causes the symptom you described on the flexmods. Turn it up to at least zero volts and the flexmods will be good to go again.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    If you turned down the bias on the color correction board to far, your modulation voltage drops below 0v. This causes the symptom you described on the flexmods. Turn it up to at least zero volts and the flexmods will be good to go again.

David
    Thanks good to know. However, due to the issue I am having with the Stanwax ILDA board, I took the Colour Correction board off and was using direct input to the modulation wires. I was going to use an external 5v PSU to setup the gain as the output from my Ishow DAC was only 2.5v (but I never got that far).

To answer your questions LaNek779, There are 2 PSU's, one +/- 24v for the scanner/ILDA board and one 12v for the Flexmods, yes I do have the "interlock defeat" in place, yes I was reading the manual to set them up and no, you still can't have my Colour Correction board!!
    Last edited by WolfMax; 05-01-2014 at 10:24.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Oops!! Seems I may have been a bit premature in declaring my Flexmods capput. I found out today a fuse had blown in my meter which is why I was not getting any readings and the fault LED was lighting up due to the open circuit. Still, I have a couple of spares now

Anyone able to tell me how to setup the balance pots (I was fiddling!! )
    Cheers

Colin.

Well three months later I just got an e-mail saying my Flex Mods have shipped. About damn time. I guess that means in a week or two I will be joining you in finally progressing on my build. I still need tiny springs for my new squiggle generator so I can finish that off too.
    At least the laser cutter is fixed and working properly now so that project is off the table. Machining a small Stirling engine will have to wait.