Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kitting out a workshop for building lasers

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

A bottle of the finest Scotch Whisky, for celebrations and also to chase the workshop cold away!

Is your workshop insulated ? I've been toying with the idea of insulating mine (My garage that none of my cars will fit in.)
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

I'm liking the idea of anything that has the word thermo or spectro in the name. Maybe I'll get some of them I' wouldn't mind setting up a gamma spectrometer, just for fun of course.

Scotch whisky is sounding good too.

Insulated? Partly. I think a small heater should keep it toasty enough though.

You need a bed in yours. I have a bed in mine, central heating, hot and cold running hot water (from the leaky hot water cylinder...)

Yep, I use the spare room Cream carpet takes a hammering from swarf and the Work-Mate I have to bring in occassionally. Not sure I'd get away with the pillar drill in there...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    You need a bed in yours. I have a bed in mine, central heating, hot and cold running hot water (from the leaky hot water cylinder...)

Yep, I use the spare room Cream carpet takes a hammering from swarf and the Work-Mate I have to bring in occassionally. Not sure I'd get away with the pillar drill in there...
    Yes, this is the problem I have at home. Either a cold, dark, cramped and breezy garage or cream carpets. I may now have 2 options for a workshop so likelihood is increasing! The new option would be closer, more permanent and heated