Thread: E-stop w/25 pin ILDA through?

Question E-stop w/25 pin ILDA through?

Hi All,

I remember I saw at SELEM an E-stop with ILDA in/out, I assumed that it used the interlock loop lines to shut off the projector. Am I correct? Is this a product that is available or do I have to build them myself?

Tim
    1st Place Laser Jockey ILDA 2013-15, working for the ultimate fusion of lasers and music

If it was the one connected to DZ's projector, it was a custom-built box.

Several Chinese suppliers sell kill switches, but all the ones I've seen have DB-9 connectors on them and are designed to plug into the interlock connection on the projector. I suppose it might be easier to start with one of those though, and just swap the DB9 for a pair of DB-25s...

I don't know of anyone who sells a pre-made unit that is designed to connect to the ILDA cable though. Sorry!

Adam

Thanks Adam! I suspected as much.
    1st Place Laser Jockey ILDA 2013-15, working for the ultimate fusion of lasers and music

I may be wrong BUT-- Stan UK sells them- I got one with my KGB pjs and Brooks said it came from Stan.. it has m/f db25-and works very well.

Also IIRC -Laserlacky is making some E-stops as we type. I dont think Andrew would mind me copypasta this:

I Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey
    Howdy Len! Hope this finds you well.

Are you looking for a permanent supplier for E-stop assemblies? I've been toying around with the idea of making a nice enclosure with a twist-to-unlock E-stop that includes a captive key switch in the middle to keep everything simple. One switch to rule them all (to steal a line). I'd probably run it over DB-9, as that seems to be the interlock standard as far as I've seen here in the US, but DB-9 could easily be made to fit DB-25 or run in-line with ILDA provided there are three legs free on the DB-25 somewhere to inject a remote interlock signal via adapter.

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you. We're looking to expand into accessories this year.

Cheers!
    -Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130924_180508 STANWAX E STOP.jpg  

Last edited by hakzaw1; 02-26-2014 at 13:52.