Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New laser show "BioSphere Three"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default New laser show "BioSphere Three"

here's a new show i've been working on. this is kind of a departure from my usual style, but programming shows is all about bashing against learning curves and exploring new light.

i did the show programming in LSX and the graphics with lasercam and ildsos. the show is playing through an etherdream dac and through my micro projector with a DTR single mode diode kit and dt40w galvos. it looks much better in person.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Radness! Nice work! This is my favorite show you've done to-date!

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    Radness! Nice work! This is my favorite show you've done to-date!

thanks! it was (mostly) a really fun show. ildsos and lasercam made generating all the graphic elements very painless and it was fun to work on something kind of different.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Wow man, amazing work. I felt like I was watching a video for the song, and I never seen that before. A+ bro.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

2 Thumbs Up! Coming to a Planetarium near you.

Quote Originally Posted by wes702 View Post
    2 Thumbs Up! Coming to a Planetarium near you.
    i would be very happy to get some of my work into planetariums...

so when are you going release a laser album? hey why not.

This is awesome. Matches the texture of the song really well. It seems like this has a lot more quick cuts than other videos of yours - makes my brain hurt to think of the time spent doing this... Have you done a tutorial yet on how to get a nice high-contrast video? Are you using a darker color scrim? Is this front projection or rear projection? I obviously have no clue how to film these types of abstracts/projections...

this show took somewhere around 20-30 hours. at least five hours of that was spent doing the symbols. they were all public domain svgs that i converted to ilda with ildsos. the conversion time was quick, finding images that i liked and would scan well took ages.

to film it, i projected onto a white screen and set my camera to iso 100, 1/30 of second exposure, 30fps, and f6.3.

the sequencing isn't terribly complex:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biosphere-timeline.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	286.3 KB 
ID:	42040

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    This is awesome. Matches the texture of the song really well. It seems like this has a lot more quick cuts than other videos of yours - makes my brain hurt to think of the time spent doing this... Have you done a tutorial yet on how to get a nice high-contrast video? Are you using a darker color scrim? Is this front projection or rear projection? I obviously have no clue how to film these types of abstracts/projections...
    Last edited by swamidog; 01-27-2014 at 08:04.

Another great show Swami.