Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone with Kvant ATOM 800 Experience?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    When you color balance in software and then scan blue graphics the graphics wont be showed at a higher power then it was balanced at.. that would make no sense from a intensity perspective.
    If you turn down blue in software to make proper white then blue will be turned down overall.. even when a full blue graphic is scanned.
    I am not sure what software you are using, but this should not be happening and it definitely isn't the case of Fiesta.NET control system. Balancing the white has no impact whatsoever on any other colour. It's been quite a while since I was using Pangolin LD2000, but I don't recall this issue happening there either. When you set your palette manually, you set the intensity for all the colour separately don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Why not use a weaker diode with a better beam profile??
    We could do that of course, but that would increase the price of the whole projector since that one is more expensive and considering this is the lowest power system we do and for what applications people use it, we don't think the customers would appreciate the difference in cost for such a tiny improvement.
    + 200mW of 445 would be a lot weaker than 650mW.

We've used 6 of small Atoms in Concorde2 (a venue in Brighton, UK) as a part of KVANT DIAMOND installation. The main room can take around 600 people I think and the small Atoms could cope with it more than well. Beare in mind we used ScanSafe lenses -4 so the beams were not as sharp as they normally are.

Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

You set the intensity seperately and balance the colors. The reason why if you do a solid blue it doesn't go full power is because say you are playing a graphics show and when a blue frame occurs and the intensity suddenly jumps up a lot then that would be very unpleasant to look at.

However on the other hand if you really want to use the full intensity of blue then you make a high power pallete or turn on the high power pallete settings individually but this will make you lose the white balance.. after all max intensity on all colors will get rid of the balancing.. I doubt thats different with any other software.. it's either you run balanced or you run high power.. not a mixture of both.

This is why Advance colour settings are great in the software , train your palette white, and for blue only let it be full 100% power because balancing blue with a 445nm at low level is difficult to see so best to train it in the software
    Philipp Wetter

If I remember correctly, in LD2000 when I went to the MANUAL palette set up, I could set each individual colour as well as many mixed colour exactly how I wanted them, using sliders for all R,G,B channels. And then when those were played back, they were exactly the same as I set them.
    In Fiesta.NET it works exactly the same way. You set your white as you want it and your blue as well and they do not influence each other in any way.

Anyway, we both have probably different kind of experience with the control systems - I think in QS it is different story. There I think you can't balance much so then logically the colours would change if the system is heavy blue.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

I believe you can set multiple palletes and assign then to cues as required.
    So you can define a good white balance for graphics and max power for beams.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi everyone.just reading this thread as I was looking at the atom 801 and clubmax 3000.
    I was going to buy the 801 until you look at the beam divergence specs.The 801 refers to half angle measurements and the clubmax is at full angle!

Rob (cheshire laser shows)