Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserfreak-Meeting 10th May 2014 in Koenigsberg / Bavaria

Default Laserfreak-Meeting 10th May 2014 in Koenigsberg / Bavaria

Hi,

after my Visit at the DLEM now it´s your turn :-)

Our biggest Laserfreak-Meeting this Year is in Koenigsberg / Bavaria
    Adress:
    Am Bleichdamm
    97486 Königsberg

Here is the Link to the German Laserfreak-Page:
    http://www.laserfreak.net/forum/view...p?f=10&t=54989

Maybe someone is interested ? If you like to Register please add your Name there or send me an Email to gj@mylaserpage.de
    and i do it for you.
    We collect 20 Euro e.a., included are all Drinks for the whole Day and Food at the Evening.

Here some Pictures from 2012
    http://www.nohoe.de/gallerie/thumbnails.php?album=81
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

The Laser Freak meetings are really great! As one might expect for something put on by Germans, it's like a highly organized version of Photon Lexicon meetings ;-)

So far I have been to every single Laser Freak meeting that was ever put on, but with this being held in May (instead of October or November as is normally the case), I might not be able to attend this one.

But in any event, I highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity, please attend this meeting. It will definitely be worthwhile!

Bill

PS: Guido, I had no idea that you were on this forum! Why don't you tell people about the software you produce and let folks know about another alternative...

Hi Bill,

you confuse something. The Meetings you visit were the ones in Regensburg and Aalen. Both organized by Netdiver/Marco Hoyer who is the owner of the German Laserfreak
    Forum. He is not very active in the German Laserscene, only 1-2 Times each Year.
    The Lasefreak-Meeting in Koenigsberg is hold by ...ahh..lets call it the "Inner Core" :-)
    Most of them are real active in this Hobby, Programm lots of Shows, build own Projectors and so on. We never met you there since today. OK..its Moth away from the Oktoberfest :-)

About my Software: You know that it is not my Main-Business.. Enough to do here in Europe :-)
    Visiting the DLEM was really interesting. Really lots of differences but nice in an other way and me and my Wife love Holiday in the Netherlands.
    By the way : Happy Birthday Dimitri ( Hobbybob ) !!
    You are still invited to visit me and Isabell !!
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Thank you GUIDO and ISABELL for the nice words, it was great having you on our Dutchlem!

I'd still love to come over to you and since i quit my job i have (at this moment) a lot of laserbuilding time.
    April and May i have dedicated to building my 100W lasercutter and maybe 2 more projectors.
    Unless i get another job offered this is the planning.

The lasermeet is already planned so i will be there on the 10th of may!

My girlfriend and i love to visit you and Isabell too! So let's make 2 appointments ;-)

I will register on the laserfreak forum and be there on the meeting.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Hi,

my Name is Oliver, i´m the organizer from the german laserfreak meeting in Koenigsberg in Bavaria.
    Guido is one of my best supporters!

My english is not so good, this is why looks guido after my guests from other countries.

I hope that one or other comes to the Laserfreak meeting in "Kingsmountain".

Greetings
    Oliver

OK,
    1 Day left. Hobbybob is the only one from here who visit us. Today i post a Little Surprise in the German Laserfreak Board.
    A small, nearly unknown Lasercompany from Germany named "Arctos" borrows me a "Stella" :-)
    With this 30W Laser we have in one Unit nearly the same Power as all Freaklasers there together.
    We spend much Hours for our Opening Show. 6 Beam-Projectors, 1 Graphic Projector, Laserscreen, Videoscreen, 6 Flamer and
    some Shots Indoor Pyros. I think it would be a nice Weekend for all who will be there !
    Dont know the Count of Freakprojectors exactly but 20 Netlase Devices a waiting for "Food" :-)

Think middle next Week i can link to some Pics and Videos.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Hi guido. Do I need to bring flames too ? I have 5 in total. But they need dmx control. I would like to experiment with dmx events so of that is ok I can bring 1 2 3 or all 5 flames ?

I will leave early tomorrow morninh like 630 and hope to be at the hotel for checkin around 4pm. After that to the hall ?

Hi,

yes, give me a phonecall when you reach the Hall. If you like bring 4 Flames. The others are also DMX Controlled.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Hard Weekend, 900km driven, but it was a Great Meeting like all the other Times.
    Hobbybob will tell more... :-)
    Flamers with Brake-Cleaner...this Guy is really a Freak :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KB2014.jpg  

Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Hey guys,

Here is my review about the Laserfreak Treffen Konigsberg 2014.
    Since i have been to a few lems (UKLEM since like 2008 or 2009 orso, starting from the last one in Leicester), organised my own Dutchlems in Marrum, visited Stoney3Ks lem in Eindhoven and ofcourse the McCarrot LEMs in Ilpendam, i was invited by Guido to visit the LEM in Konigsberg.

So last fridaymorning at 6am i got up, loaded the car and finally around 6.50am i drove away. Almost 600km to go, to a town called Konigsberg.
    I drove the whole stretch without a break in 4 hrs 38min. So i was there really fast, thanks to the german Autobahn ;-)
    Went to hotel, checked in and went to the hall. The hall is a City hall and is for hire for events like ours.
    Oliver was the organiser and had it all under control, good sound system, arranged for a pizza oven to bake pizza's fresh onsite.
    So i introduced myself and brought all my stuff in. Really nice guy and not later Guido, his wife Isabel and their friend Mark also arrived.
    We talked and brought in all the stuff, later more people joined in, and at night we had a nice and great dinner in a city just not far away.

Guido told me they did the openingshow with my flamers and fireworks by forummember Tracky saturday at 8pm.
    I thought it was the same as my Dutchlems and the UKLEMs: everyone plays with their lasers and at some point all is connected up and we start playing shows in sync.

Not so much, during the day it was more a social event, there were people playing with the lasers but mainly people were catching up, introduced themselves, or were tinkering with their projectors. At 4pm Guido told me it was time for pizza. I was like: Eeeeej isn't this a little early to eat ? We need to go on all night.
    Guido just smiled and said: But tonight we have Schnitzels! Aaah so for 20 euro entrance fee we also get pizza and schnitzels ? Wow. excellent value for money!

Later in the afternoon i had a try at Guido's software Dynamics. Very nice software fully loaded with cool features.
    Mark (Mackel) and Guido explained all to me so i became a Dynamics user too!
    Hope i can show you guys some stuff i hope to make in the future too on the UKLEMs.
    You should definately see this software.

So then 8pm comes around, and Tracky introduces himself and the show he made.
    It included lasers, lasers over video, fireworks and my flames. See my facebook account for the openingmovie.

After that shows of users Merlin and NoHoe were played, both fantastic shows and the guys programmed the flame sequences in, on the go, while the other was playing a show. sO THAT really made quite an impact. We even saw a show on Deathmetal / Trashmetal music. The show was good, but i thought my eardrums were bleeding, what a fucking aweful choice of music. Man the fx were nice but everytime you thought it was finally over the noise started again. what a fucking noise it was hahaha

Then around midnight people started to leave, so i packed some stuff and people still played shows and had fun conversations in the cantine area.

All day long all drinks were free, pizza was included and around 9pm the schnitzels and vegetable dishes were served.
    Really very well taken care of all the laserfreaks, by Oliver, His wife , his daughter who played an excellent barmaid and brother Martin.
    We slept in a nice hotel which probably was very happy as around 16 of the 52 attendents slept in the hotel. All rooms were booked by laserists ;-)
    Very funny to say goodbye to people and meet them in the hotel at breakfast the next morning.

After breakfast we went to the hall to thank Oli and say goodbye.
    Then i went home on the 600km trip, so 1200 km in a weekend.
    But it was so worth it and hope to go again to their Mainz meet in September.
    For all i know next year i am going to be there again, it was really cool, met nice people and it was nice to see how it was organized!
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.