Thread: other laser companies and stage lightning companies?

Default other laser companies and stage lightning companies?

dude 15 characters
    Last edited by solidude; 04-28-2016 at 14:52.

If you really want bottom of the barrel, you should check ebay & alibaba. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

-Eric

It would be helpful if you had your location listed.

It would also be helpful if you were more specific; are you looking for high quality CFLs for your home or moving heads for a show? "non-laser lighting" is pretty vague.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    I wasn't very clear. I didnt mean I want cheaper products. I used the word cheaper because I assume DMX-only lasers are going to be cheaper than same power ILDA lasers.
    Hi Solidude,

I don't think its really that easy. Not putting an ILDA connector on a laser projector only saves a dollar or two, of course. Using a DMX card that doesn't support ILDA pass-through would save a couple more dollars, but again, isn't a real price differentiator. When you see that super inexpensive non-ILDA projector, its generally inexpensive because it is made from low quality components. I would suggest that the lack of an ILDA connector is really more an indicator that the product is really more of a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    I just want to find a decent company that also sells non-laser lightning and DMX controlled lasers. The three talked about here only make ILDA lasers as far as I see.
    I think you would be limiting yourself by trying to find a single shop that does both lasers and non-laser dmx controlled stage lighting. Lasers are a specialty item and very few vendors can make a really good product inexpensively. Furthermore, at least for those of us in the US, there are no vendors who do cheap work that is legal to use - and for good reasons that are covered in dozens of other posts. For less laser regulated countries, you may have more inexpensive options available to you, but in my experience, you generally get what you pay for.

Assuming you are in the US, you might want to check out http://www.cheaplights.com/. Besides the super cheap (mostly Chinese knock-off) DMX lighting they advertise on their site, they can get you many of the professional vendor's products below what you'll see advertised elsewhere. Just call them when you want to get pricing on something. They will do volume price deals as well. Even with the cheapo knock-off products, having an in-country vendor available to contact when something arrives in inoperable condition is much better than dealing with someone on the opposite side of the world.

Happy shopping!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Yes, be more specific about what you want. The companies who might make half decent LED pars may not have any good moving heads, and vice versa.
    Is this really for 'stage' or more for disco/club? Stage/theatre is much more demanding and things like even spot coverage, noise from fans, etc are much more important.

P.S. its 'lighting' not 'lightning'

P.P.S. If a laser is DMX controllable, the cost to add an ILDA port to the rear panel is a few pence. So the cheap lasers you see from the usual companies are usually the cheapest anyway, with or without an ILDA port. Check out LaserLinna and LaserKing for some good value cheaper lasers.
    Last edited by norty303; 03-02-2014 at 08:46. Reason: to keep Tony happy :p
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

P.S its 'rear' not 'reqr' only messing.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

My concern was that 'lightning' appeared more than once in his posts (ergo, not a typo...), so might've been the reason he was struggling to find anything on Google
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.