Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UNIQ 10W RGB laser light

If the red was a low divergence one you would have a higher brightness so 2 watt would be enough for this setup but then again this red isn,t that thight probably.....
    Having that said some people like pinkish white while others like cool white. For 1 watt green and 1.5 watt blue i would suggest 800mw. For 2 watt green and 2 watt blue i would suggest a 1.3 watt red with a divergence of 1 mrd. So buy a 1 - 2 watt green only and drop in your own RB i would say.....

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

I suppose everyone has a different opinion about this but let's be honest, the power ratios in most projectors is dictated by the cost of the colors, not some ideal color balance.

True, i,m sure Song can do a nice 3 watt red in it but the price will be allot higher but lets face it the majority doesn,t want to pay the higher price so why bother I,m sure Song is happy to serve the customer what he wants if he is allowed to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    I suppose everyone has a different opinion about this but let's be honest, the power ratios in most projectors is dictated by the cost of the colors, not some ideal color balance.
    I suppose. Most of the projectors i have seen have had a fairly decent balance. Im sure another dictating factor is what powers of each color are on hand. Ie. they only carry a 2 watt 637nm, but all the way up to 5watt of 445nm. Just me guessing.

My 2.5 watt has 500mw of 638nm and 1 watt each of 532 and 445. Each beam is 3mm with <1.0mRad so I get a very nice white, even though its not a 1:1:1 ratio.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

That,s a nice balance. I did 650mw next to a green 1 watt and that,s close to what you have. My experiance is that with 1 watt green you need roughly between 500mw and 800mw of red. Its also a matter of taste i guess. In higher power the red will just be allot more expencive when buying a ready build system. Ok if you going the DIY route then its whole different ball game of course

A better balance would be 3 watt red, 3 watt green and 4 watt blue in this case. But then again the price will be shooting true the roof also

I think 1:1.5:1.5 is the best.{637:532:445}

It is true that this set is more blue in white.
    Pure white is an ideal and personal sense-perception from a laser projector, I should say...
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com