Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: US Legal Audience Scanning Effect

yea.. works perfect.. Except for the stray light outta the projector that is supposed to be black. Assuming the way I have it setup is right. Very cool stuff.

Yep.. works perfect for me. Looks really good. Just add the projector in the hardware screen first. Then plug in projector. Set laptop to display on 2 screens. Then when you enable the video projector it has a pop up window to display the cues. Right click that window and set as full screen on second monitor (which is the projector). Then set cues to fire to that zone.

For additional projectors just use multi head gfx cards and/or USB to DVI adaptors.
    IF you were going to do this seriously you'd probably build a multi card, multi-head server to deal with the content.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    Can I try this without having Beyond?
    Unfortunately, no. It's only supported in Beyond for now.

How about a beam show (in 2D) exported from LD2000 as an .avi file and played back with my C@$i0 projector?
    Hmmm... That should work. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. Of course, you won't have any of the UGC adjustments like you would when setting up a projection zone like you would in Showtime (or Beyond), but that's not a deal-breaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Can multiple projectors be used, each displaying different content?
    Yes, up to the limits of the Beyond software for numbers of zones. (Not sure off the top of my head what that number is...)

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    yea.. works perfect.. Except for the stray light outta the projector that is supposed to be black.
    This is one of the drawbacks. You want to use a projector that has really good contrast, so that you have minimal light coming from the aperture of the projector except in the areas you are trying to light up. Bill explained that a good contrast ratio is actually more important than a high-lumen rating on the projector. (And indeed, the projector we used was only good for 2500 lumen, which isn't all that much.)

I shot some video at the same time that Brad did, and I just finished uploading it to youtube. It was shot on my GoPro, so the image file was HUGE; over 460 megs! Hopefully the quality is a little better. For sure in person it was quite impressive.

Adam

Thats awesome. I doubt anyone would know its not a laser projector.

Must of made you flinch a few times when it hit you in the face. I guess it would be a natural reaction.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Getting back to what Steve mentioned earlier - for audience scanning, fans, waves, cones and boxes are more of what (I) would want over static beams anyway so, this combination to me can work quite well. It sure looked good enough in person that I think it's marketable. It will be very interesting to compare the reaction of a crowd at a wedding/dance event by scanning them with a video projector versus just having some overhead beams. I guess perceived "scan angle" would be the other big question. How wide the image from the projector can go. I guess some projectors have wide angle lens options for short throws.

Did you guys do some graphics?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, the output for them looked good too. I don't think we have video but maybe someone else does. Sharp of course, like an ion but, if you walked right up close to the screen as we said, you could see pixels but, back up a few feet and it was fine.

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5020UBe Tri-LCD

this projector can be had for 1599.00,
    not bad considering it could also be used for home cinema.....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Doesnt some other laser software give you a video capture of the show you are working on? Or at least a full screen preview?