Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: US Legal Audience Scanning Effect

In the early '70's we used to go to the drive-in movie on a foggy night, park backwards facing the projector and watch the lightshow in the air, often better than the imagery on the screen, depending on your state of mind.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

In the early 70's.... I hadn't been "corrupted" yet. That wasn't until about '78. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Professional?? That made me giggle. (And probably a few others on her too!) Professional hack... perhaps. I just figured out how to make a few extra bucks with this silly assed hobby and pretend I know some of what I'm doing kinda goodly.
    If you fill out paperwork before you do a show I consider you a professional. Plus you dont need money to be a professional, you just need to love what you do, which obviously you do.

Sorry for being a Dick. Freakin internet melts my mind. This is the only social network I roam, as was LPF, and you can see what happened there. I'll give them credit them for putting up with me for 5 years.

I'm hopping I can get a few years out of you guys. I have no where else to go. I'm way to addicted to lasers. Now you guys got me hooked on projectors. *Bastards*
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Start saving your SELEM money! If you're addicted...it's the light you need to move towards!

I didn't view you as being a dick by the way. This forum is a lot about trying things and learning so, yes it may be possible to create the effect in software other than BEYOND. I wasn't saying it wasn't because, I don't know. It will be interesting to see what results are if people experiment with it. And yes, to a room full of novices, it may very well look like lasers. That's what was so impressive at SELEM. I'm willing to bet a bunch of high school kids at their prom who are being scanned by a video projector emulating a laser are going to go home thinking what a badass time they had dancing in the laser beams. Half shot in the ass bridesmaids probably will too. I was simply saying for me... I'm not going to try and experiment with other software because I know how well it works in BEYOND and I already own it. I can appreciate someone that doesn't yet, may still look for a less expensive alternative. Emulaser is but one very, very tiny part of what can be done with BEYOND so, it's still a software package to aspire to get someday down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Half shot in the ass bridesmaids probably will too.
    Those are my favorite type. *Nyuk Nyuk*

I'm so broke I cant leave town. Maybe next year though.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post

I'm so broke I cant leave town. Maybe next year though.
    Don't feel bad, I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention!

Remember that this is not new to use a Beamer for video effects. Laser Electronics have had V3D for years but up until recently it was a $1500 piece of software. There are at least 2 other pieces of software that do this, one of which was freeware afaik.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Don't feel bad, I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention!
    LOL Seems like its going around. Living from paycheck to paycheck is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    There are at least 2 other pieces of software that do this, one of which was freeware afaik.
    What are those Adam?

See this thread from about 4 years ago from a forum that I used to admin...
    http://forum.speakerplans.com/using-...145_page1.html
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how much does this differ from just mirroring the laser preview window to a video projector?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.