Thread: Reke, Kolo and Lanling, etc?

Default Reke, Kolo and Lanling, etc?

Anyone have experience with these companies? Im considering buying a low power DMX TTL laser projector and maybe some led lights. I know most on the sites are low power products but i just wanted to know if they sell cheap stuff, or complete junk that will break in a month or two.

Here are some more someone else mentioned in another forum but nobody gave a review:
    http://staraylaser.com
    http://sparklaser.com
    http://www.aptlighting.net
    http://www.nightsun.net/
    Last edited by zorn; 03-04-2014 at 10:03.

Where are you located? (You didn't fill out your profile information.) There are several members here who have purchased projectors from some of the companies you listed. You may be able to get together with one or more of them and see these projectors in person before you buy one.

Another question: what do you plan to do with the projector? If you are looking for a home / hobbyist projector, no problem.

But if you plan to use it in public, especially if you are located in the United States, then please understand that none of these projectors are legal to use in public, because they have not been certified under a manufacturer's variance with the CDRH. (And even if they were, you would still need to obtain your own laser light show variance from the CDRH before you could use them in public.)

Adam

Several people have purchased the Reke 500. Hakzaw1, Bradfo69, and Dkumpula should have them, along with many others.

For the other projectors, I can't remember off the top of my head who purchased them, but I'm sure others will reply in this thread with more information.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi "Zorn",

I have two of the REKE RGB500's that were all the rage two years ago. Read this carefully.... for what they cost, they are amazing. The key part of that statement is... for what they cost. The fact that you could buy a nice half watt RGB for a couple hundred bucks as nice as these are, was pretty astounding. Are they a particularly great projector? Probably not. They're TTL meaning only 7 colors. The scanners are a weak link - if I recall 10kpps. They'll get up to about 18kpps before going completely to shit. I bought two sets of better 20k scanners to drop in them at some point but, they're buried in a box somewhere for that all elusive day whan I have "time".

For home use, for not a lot of money, they're a good starter projector. Coupled with Quickshow, you've got a nice little basement or living room rig. If you have any interest in going further though, and you will, these do quickly have their limitations. Honestly, I've pulled them out about 4 or 5 times since I've gotten them. They may ultimately become sources for lumia wheel rigs in the near future as that's how they will better serve me.

He means if you try to run the stock scanners at anything above 18Kpps, the resulting image looks terrible. Though they don't look too bad at 12 to 15 K, but of course the image will flicker a lot. (This isn't an issue for beams though.)

Adam

I wouldn't push those stock scanners beyond 15K no matter what you are displaying. The flicker won't be an issue with beams, but the image distortion will. Plus the scanners will probably overheat if you overdrive them.

Adam