Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LSX Pro shows not projecting

Default LSX Pro shows not projecting

Hello,

How do I play the example shows that are included with LSX?

They load, and I can see them running in the preview window, but nothing on my projector. The Etherdream emission LED comes on, but no scanner or color activities.

I followed the red arrow/green line example in the "LSX Living Manual", and it works fine and projects great.

In chat, someone said they are protected or locked to the EtherDream DAC's .dll file.

Would someone please tell me how I can use, or unlock, the laser shows that were shipped with LSX?

Thank you,

ED

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you're having an issue playing the demo shows because they are encrypted.

install the 0.5.0 etherdream firmware and they'll work properly. do this via the usb connection on the etherdream.

http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html

Quote Originally Posted by ekeefe View Post
    Hello,

How do I play the example shows that are included with LSX?

They load, and I can see them running in the preview window, but nothing on my projector. The Etherdream emission LED comes on, but no scanner or color activities.

I followed the red arrow/green line example in the "LSX Living Manual", and it works fine and projects great.

In chat, someone said they are protected or locked to the EtherDream DAC's .dll file.

Would someone please tell me how I can use, or unlock, the laser shows that were shipped with LSX?

Thank you,

ED
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response!

Before I go and re-flash the Ether Dream, I ran the "sitter.exe" file. It indicates that I have firmware version: v0.5.4

Should I still do this update to v0.5.0?

ED

yes. i believe you want the v0.5.0 firmware.

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response!

Before I go and re-flash the Ether Dream, I ran the "sitter.exe" file. It indicates that I have firmware version: v0.5.4

Should I still do this update to v0.5.0?

ED
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello,

I got the USB driver installed following the link you sent me. When I run "update-v0.5.0.exe", a few seconds later a small window appears with just a button labeled "Update". I pressed it and waited for about five minutes. Nothing changed.

The instructions at the link you sent indicate "Download update-v0.5.0.exe and run it. It should detect the Ether Dream, reset it, and put it into firmware update mode". The documentation for the ED says the LED should be blinking. Mine is lit, but does not blink.

Any ideas?

ED

disconnect the ED from the ethernet. power cycle it (keep it disconnected from the ethernet) and run the install again. make sure you're connecting the ED to the computer via the usb interface and not ethernet.

the update is pretty fast.

Hello,

I got the USB driver installed following the link you sent me. When I run "update-v0.5.0.exe", a few seconds later a small window appears with just a button labeled "Update". I pressed it and waited for about five minutes. Nothing changed.

The instructions at the link you sent indicate "Download update-v0.5.0.exe and run it. It should detect the Ether Dream, reset it, and put it into firmware update mode". The documentation for the ED says the LED should be blinking. Mine is lit, but does not blink.

Any ideas?

ED

Hello,

With the ethernet cable removed and USB cable installed, I cycled power to the ED, then I ran "update-v0.5.0.exe". A few seconds later a small window appears with just a button labeled "Update". When I press it it just sits there. I see no activity on the ED status LED.

I have attached pictures of the updater before and after pressing the "Update" button.

I am running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

Is it possible the ED is not letting me "downgrade" from v0.5.4 to v0.5.0?

What am I doing wrong?

ED
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails etherdream_updater_before.JPG  

etherdream_updater_after.JPG  

close the updater and then run it again without power cycling or disconnecting the ED.

if i remember correctly, sometimes the updater has to be run more than once to put the ED into update mode.

Hello,

With the ethernet cable removed and USB cable installed, I cycled power to the ED, then I ran "update-v0.5.0.exe". A few seconds later a small window appears with just a button labeled "Update". When I press it it just sits there. I see no activity on the ED status LED.

I have attached pictures of the updater before and after pressing the "Update" button.

I am running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

Is it possible the ED is not letting me "downgrade" from v0.5.4 to v0.5.0?

What am I doing wrong?

ED

Hello,

Did as you said, updater still just sits there.

To make sure I haven't messed up the ED, I just attached it to my projector and was able to project a simple test show I put together in LSX.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I just don't know what is going on with the ED/update program.

ED

no problem. i'll fire up my system and give it a check out.

did you try these steps:

Firmware update 0.5.0

Steps to install firmware 0.5.0 on an Ether Dream:

Download and extract libusb-win32-bin-1.2.5.0.zip. Navigate to the bin directory and run inf-wizard.exe.
    Connect the Ether Dream directly to your computer with a USB cable; leave the Ethernet port on the Ether Dream disconnected. Power on the Ether Dream.
    Click "next" in inf-wizard to reach the Device Selection screen. You should see a device with Vendor ID 0xFFFF, Product ID 0x0005, Description "USBSerial". Select it and click "next".
    Leave all the fields on the Device Configuration page at their default values. Click "next". You will be prompted for a location to save a .inf file; anywhere will work. Then, click "install now" to install the drivers needed for the firmware update. Once done, close inf-wizard.
    Download update-v0.5.0.exe and run it. It should detect the Ether Dream, reset it, and put it into firmware update mode; when the DAC is ready, click "Update". If the program stops at "Resetting", try closing and reopening it; leave the DAC connected.
    Once the update is complete, close the updater program and disconnect the DAC.

Hello,

Did as you said, updater still just sits there.

To make sure I haven't messed up the ED, I just attached it to my projector and was able to project a simple test show I put together in LSX.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I just don't know what is going on with the ED/update program.

ED