Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New scanner EMS-5100. Find the difference and win a set !

Yes, I guessed what it was based on Tom's mention that it would help save space, as well as Tom's belief that it would be another "worldwide unique". It's perhaps unique for the world of laser lightshow scanners, but not "worldwide unique"... The company Newson has had a PWM driver built into their small scanners for years (http://www.newson.be/rhothor.htm).

Competition is good to spring a variety of products, but not all products are created equal or delivering the same performance... 30K at 7 degrees? That's less than the absolute minimum ILDA spec!

But I guess it will come down to priorities. If space is your absolute top priority above all else, these *might* be a winner... Then on the other hand maybe not! From their appearance, the volume of just a single EMS scanner without the mirror is roughly equivalent to the volume of two Compact 506 with mirrors and mounts.

When comparing performance, this has already been demonstrated in videos and in PL meetings. And lastly our Compact 506 can handle what amounts to be huge mirrors and still deliver greater ILDA spec performance.

In any event, I'd like to congratulate Tom. He's always been a great marketer, and has always been good at stirring curiosity!

Bill

aww crap I guess to many of us guessed that one right ,well I said micro amp built into the galvo ,close I suppose
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

..but it seems the 'question of the hour', for both these contestants in this latest-round of 'Scanner-Celebrity Death Match' is still..

...when can we get some??

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default Delivery of our new EMS-5100

Hello Everyone,

The 5100 is not a ''future'' product. It is ready and the production has started. The delivery time is 10-15 days.

So we kindly ask all the winners to send us their address. They will receive their prize soon and the shipping charges are on us !

All the best to all,

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic

Thumbs down

Yes, I guessed what it was based on Tom's mention that it would help save space, as well as Tom's belief that it would be another "worldwide unique". It's perhaps unique for the world of laser lightshow scanners, but not "worldwide unique"... The company Newson has had a PWM driver built into their small scanners for years (http://www.newson.be/rhothor.htm).
    Thanks for the info, but we are well aware that your the best and know everything. No need to promote yourself........

Competition is good to spring a variety of products, but not all products are created equal or delivering the same performance... 30K at 7 degrees? That's less than the absolute minimum ILDA spec!
    6 degrees, 9 degrees or 5 degrees? If the user is satisfied with the performance/price ratio the "standard" doesn,t say much. An average customer doesn,even know what divergence does to a laser. So when a set of these scanners sits in a projector and it does what it supposed to do i,m sure the customer is happy but the people can be the judge of that.

But I guess it will come down to priorities. If space is your absolute top priority above all else, these *might* be a winner... Then on the other hand maybe not! From their appearance, the volume of just a single EMS scanner without the mirror is roughly equivalent to the volume of two Compact 506 with mirrors and mounts.
    Let the people decide weither the EMS-5100 is a good solution for their purpose or that they prefer your scanners. No need to "promote" your scanners in this thread

When comparing performance, this has already been demonstrated in videos and in PL meetings. And lastly our Compact 506 can handle what amounts to be huge mirrors and still deliver greater ILDA spec performance.
    A comparison is good but only when its done by an independed party instead of the manufacturer himself. Again no need to "promote your own product since this thread is not about YOUR product , its about the EMS-5100.

In any event, I'd like to congratulate Tom. He's always been a great marketer, and has always been good at stirring curiosity!

If you where sincere send him a PM instead....... Can someone pass me a bucket please?
    Last edited by edison; 03-07-2014 at 00:46.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EyeMagic View Post
    ...The 5100 is ...ready and the production has started. The delivery time is 10-15 days...
    \O/ ..And we have a market-readiness winner! Good to hear, Tom.. We'll get in touch with the US-distro for details..

Question: What are the largest aperture-mirs you'd recommend / will work with the 5100s? We'd want them for a range of hi-power beams (50-60W..) between 8 and 14mm (aperture..) Lemme know..

Thx..
    J

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    \O/ ..And we have a market-readiness winner!
    Ummmmm..... and the 50 projectors from several manufacturers that will be seen at Prolight & Sound, and several members here on PL who has received Compact 506 (and more scheduled to receive them shortly after Prolight & Sound) don't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Ummmmm..... and the 50 projectors...and several members here...don't count?
    Sure, of course! ...But my 'satire', above, was just 'gauging' off the rather deflated report my Comrade in St Louis sent me when he tried to order 10 sets of 506's last week(ish?).. He was (basically) told, 'Sorry, not yet', so.. <shrug> Help? ..And, yes, 'money was hot', and Yes, (if need-be), we can 'design our own scan-amp' - there's at least 3 engineers that can, 'under the hood', here, at DSLI / Laserium...

..I mean, we'd rather just buy an amp engineered by the same OEM that designed the galvo, since you'll (obviously) have the best-possible design / performance, but.. Can we, yet? Not trying to be a 'smart@$$', Bill, but.. we'd *love* to be able to get going / put 506's in the NextGen Laserium PJ, and the designs are already well under-way.. I'd sure love to put the 6800s on the shelf...

Lemme know..
    cheers..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    rather deflated report my Comrade in St Louis sent me when he tried to order 10 sets of 506's last week(ish?).. He was (basically) told, 'Sorry, not yet', so..
    I have no idea who your comrade is. Nobody ever wrote to me personally and asked... Perhaps they wrote to someone else in the company, or perhaps the message was a bit different from "Sorry not yet" -- rather "we can't ship until we return from Prolight".

We're filling orders for hundreds of these right now, and that's no exaggeration! We shipped 50 early last week and, as soon as I get back from Prolight & Sound, we'll be shipping a few hundred more, and gearing up to produce thousands.

Basically it's "all hands on deck" at Pangolin. We have our normal actuator guy building them, our new French intern, and even Paulo is building scanners just to keep up with the orders. So...

I'm always available by Skype, Telephone, Email, Instant message, etc.

Bill

Heya Chief -

I have no idea who your comrade is. Nobody ever wrote to me personally and asked... Perhaps they wrote to someone else...
    a) Brian (laserist) could chime in, but, not sure what the 'point' would be.. this wasn't some lame-o attempt at 'mud-slinging', just the jist of a report from a biz-partner that wanted to order - complete sets (w/ amps..) and was told (essentially..) 'Sorry, not yet'.. b) He wouldn't have wrote to you personally, since that's not the 'typical / ideal order process'.. He knows you have a life.. c) I'm guessing / extrapolating, (since it wasn't my conversation..) he spoke to Justin (?) In any case, neither am I / are we implicating Justin was anything less than his usual sterlingly-cordial self with the customer care.. Even if he had said (verbatim) 'sorry not yet', that's no 'bad reflection', etc, just the net-result of the comms..

I perhaps the message was a bit different from "Sorry not yet" -- rather "we can't ship until we return from Prolight".
    Umm.. exactly what's the difference, here?

I We're filling orders for hundreds of these right now...gearing up to produce thousands.
    Excellent! I'm sure you guys are gonna need all the 'gearing up' you can muster. As-stated - just eager to get started, and - ideally - with the 'sibling-amp', vs trying to retro-grade to old CT amps, T2's, etc... If that's what we *have* to use, till.. ??? well, ok.. but then I guess my (light hearted) 'satire' stands, since, afaik, both EMS 8Ks and 5100s are shipping, w/ matched-amps / complete now, and to whomever sends in the bux, not just 'select-Co's, etc, yes? That's not some 'dig', not some 'criticism'.. just (for now..) the situ, as I understand it / the 'essence' of the reply Brian got..

..Looking forward to strapping them in / bootin' em up.. Ttythen..

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-09-2014 at 10:36. Reason: sp