My experiences with NLC is positive, haven't had any problems, they put out a good deal more than what they're rated at and there seems to be plenty of room to make it brighter... I did hear that the TEC control circuit in the latest units had been changed and the newer circuits aren't as good at keeping stability.

My experiences with dream lasers is less positive. Excellent service and very responsive to problems, but I bought two units and each one made 5 trips back and forth and in the end I still ended up with a pair of dark emitting diodes. To be fair, I hadn't asked them to replace it again, but that's more because I have better things to do than babysit a finicky laser. I thought it could be user error, but one died as I was monitoring the input power and modulation on a scope! I suspect that the driver they use has problems with amplifying ringing as they always died while being modulated. This was 3 years ago so their Q.C. could have gotten much better. I noted that their last two drivers they sent were different from the first few.