Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DT30 riser plate.

Are the five mirror mounts including the 2 dicro and bounce mirror mounts? The other 2 are used for the vertical, and horizontal tuning?

So I'm clear, I'm shooting for the bottom mirror first, at a short downwards angle?

I'm creating my own case, so aperture placement is not an issue.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you could always use a double bounce or two mm1's mounted periscope fashion on an L-bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Are the five mirror mounts including the 2 dicro and bounce mirror mounts? The other 2 are used for the vertical, and horizontal tuning?

So I'm clear, I'm shooting for the bottom mirror first, at a short downwards angle?

I'm creating my own case, so aperture placement is not an issue.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Here's a badly drawn layout of the setup. In this case the red and blue are a single module, but that doesn't necessarilly guarantee equal beam height on exit.

Note that all this reference to bottom mirror first assumes you're orienting your projector this way around. You can have the beam enter the block the other side but it usually means you hit the top mirror first (unless you have a block that can switch around like the Scannermax ones), in which case coming in from low is better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser path.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	42452
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thats a great idea Dog.

Its hard to visualize things without having them in front of you. I thought you could use the first bounce mirror to position the first beam angle, and then use the 2 dicro mounts to follow it. Seems logical, but apparently this is not the case if the scanners are higher than the beam level.

One good thing is all my mounts are the same height so that should make it easier. I guess I can mount them to an aluminum plate to make sure the beam level is higher than the scanners. I see that is what Eric does.

Thank you again for spoonage fellas. I'm reading here everyday, but with the vast amount of info on this site it can take hours to find an answer to the simplest question. Also it will be easier when I have everything in front of me. Soon.

Edit: Sorry Adam I didnt see your post till after I wrote this. Do you really need the extra bounce mirrors, or can you use the dicros to adjust the other two beam angles to follow the first bounce mirror if all the beams are the same height?
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-05-2014 at 11:20.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

something like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double-bount-mount.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	42454

Thats a great idea Dog.

Its hard to visualize things without having them in front of you. I thought you could use the first bounce mirror to position the first beam angle, and then use the 2 dicro mounts to follow it. Seems logical, but apparently this is not the case if the scanners are higher than the beam level.

One good thing is all my mounts are the same height so that should make it easier. I guess I can mount them to an aluminum plate to make sure the beam level is higher than the scanners. I see that is what Eric does.

Thank you again for spoonage fellas. I'm reading here everyday, but with the vast amount of info on this site it can take hours to find an answer to the simplest question. Also it will be easier when I have everything in front of me. Soon.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I understand that part. But thats only if the scanner is higher than the beams, correct?

Also consider I'm on a low budget. Buying better scanners are going to push back my project a month, or two. If I have to buy more mirror mounts it pushes it further. Right now I have 1 bounce mirror mount, and the 2 dicro mounts. I need to find a cheap L bracket for the bounce mirror though. I just wasnt sure if I needed a scanner riser. Looks like I need a module riser for the 3 mirror set up to work. Which is ok, small piece of aluminum sheet is cheap. I might even find some scrap somewhere for next to nothing.

no. you can use that widget to also lower beams. just shine the laser in from the opposite direction.

I understand that part. But thats only if the scanner is higher than the beams, correct?

Also consider I'm on a low budget. Buying better scanners are going to push back my project a month, or two. If I have to buy more mirror mounts it pushes it further. Right now I have 1 bounce mirror mount, and the 2 dicro mounts. I need to find a cheap L bracket for the bounce mirror though. I just wasnt sure if I needed a scanner riser. Looks like I need a module riser for the 3 mirror set up to work. Which is ok, small piece of aluminum sheet is cheap. I might even find some scrap somewhere for next to nothing.

Edit: Sorry Adam I didnt see your post till after I wrote this. Do you really need the extra bounce mirrors, or can you use the dicros to adjust the other two beam angles to follow the first bounce mirror if all the beams are the same height?
    IF, and its a big IF in my experience. Even with identical modules, variations in beam exit angle exist, so I find it easiest to build in some level of adjustment for beam height in relation to the dichros.

Nearfield alignment is THE most important bit of the alignment. If this is off, then the farfield will always be compromised at some point. And that means being able to very finely tweak the points where the beams overlay on the dichro.

I think this is another one of those ones where you have to learn what works by experience. My experience was that i got sick of shims. YMMV
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    no. you can use that widget to also lower beams. just shine the laser in from the opposite direction.
    Got it. Thanks again!

The dt riser plate I sell has 2 functions. ( actually Mr Stanwax has a few of these plates also )

The first one is it putts scanner beam entry at 29mm which suits a lot of Chinese lasers.

The second function it has is to allow the scanners to be fitted from above, rather than having to do a screw up from underneath the table.

Dave
    Last edited by dave; 03-06-2014 at 03:14.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/