Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excision Tour Lasers?

Default Excision Tour Lasers?

Does anyone know who is running lasers for the Excision tour in the US right now? I'm going down to check out the show tonight in Knoxville. They haven't used lasers on past tours, but they just posted an interior picture of an Arctos projector implying it was being used on their tour. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1974336_10151916388772407_1699972220_o.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	42443

-Brad

Nevermind, heard it was Image Engineering with their own projectors (that just happen to look a lot like the Arctos ones).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    ... I'm going down to check out the show tonight in Knoxville. ...they just posted an interior picture...
    Cool pic! I'm sure for reasons of 'not sharing w/ competitors', interior-shots of those puppies don't just get 'sent out on request'.. But, I expect you should be in for a treat tonite.. IE knows their *ahem* and they do great-werk.. Here's another thread about their PJ-line / some referenced shots of 'em, in-action.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...568#post262568

..be sure not to put down too much JD before the show, so ya can snap us some good eye-candy! jk..

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Yeah, the tour guys posted that picture on Facebook and it looked a lot like the Arctos pics I've seen. Guessing from the diode compliment it's the 20W version of their projector, and they've been using two of them for other shows. I hope they use them tonight... It's an outdoor show here and they would have to shoot basically right into a flight path unless they confined them to the very tops of the surrounding buildings. I'll try and take a few pictures if they do end up using them. And yeah I'll have to down some shine to tolerate some of the music (although I do like one of the openers) but not enough to impair my picture taking. Always fun to hear a big PK sound rig... kind of garbage sound quality but they have pretty tremendous low end. If anything the vibration from the subs will make it hard to get clean pictures!

if only that photo was clearer and closer
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if only that photo was clearer and closer
    It's not too bad. You can zoom in close enough to make out the components and beam paths.

How is it possible to combine so many diodes without ending up with a flashlight??

^ knife edging and telescoping
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Wouldn't the reverse telescope increase divergence?? I thought that's why everyone is using telescopes to expand the beam.