Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Multiple FB3's

Default Mounting Multiple FB3's

What's is everyones solution for mounting multiple FB3's? I currently just use velcro on the back of my laptop, but its starting to get crowded.

I want to make something more streamlined (look better) that will also have a USB hub on it.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Mine are all [neatly] taped together in a block. MY FB3-SE is in a big case that 2x FB3-QS can sit on top of.

Once i sort out my stage box it'll be a proper case of some sort with USB extender, etc all mounted together.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Mine are all [neatly] taped together in a block. MY FB3-SE is in a big case that 2x FB3-QS can sit on top of.

Once i sort out my stage box it'll be a proper case of some sort with USB extender, etc all mounted together.
    Ah that would drive me nuts haha, i need mine laid out so i can see the serial numbers (I labeled mine on top)

I might just wrap an entire 2x4 in velcro
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

You don't need to see the serial numbers if they're labelled on the top.
    Once you've configured each zone, you only need to know which FB3 is for which projector/group anyway.
    My SE board is in the case, so I can't see the serial number anyway!

Trying to think why you might need to see the serial numbers regularly actually...??
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    You don't need to see the serial numbers if they're labelled on the top.
    Once you've configured each zone, you only need to know which FB3 is for which projector/group anyway.
    My SE board is in the case, so I can't see the serial number anyway!

Trying to think why you might need to see the serial numbers regularly actually...??
    OCD? haha
    I would just like them to be neatly laid flat side by side. With some sort of permanent routing of usb to a mounted HUB. that way i can just carry this "interface" with me and only need to plug in 1 usb from my pc to the HUB. This would also help with the weight so the ILDA cables dont try and hike the FB3 up. I like my workspace very tidy...
    -dnar

We had to use 8 FB3s for a trade show on one computer last year, so one of our guys decided he wanted to do it right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-15 09.38.58.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	706.1 KB 
ID:	42462

Also built in are 2 ENTTEC DMX USB Pros and lightpipes moving the status indicator for the FB3's to the front of the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    We had to use 8 FB3s for a trade show on one computer last year, so one of our guys decided he wanted to do it right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-15 09.38.58.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	706.1 KB 
ID:	42462

Also built in are 2 ENTTEC DMX USB Pros and lightpipes moving the status indicator for the FB3's to the front of the housing.
    That is so bad ass... can i have it hahahah. Anyway i can get a shot of the inside?
    -dnar

We do sell them, complete with FB3's if someone is interested. The production versions are laser etched so you know which output is which serial number. This is a shot of the internals from early in the prototype process, I'll poke around for some more pictures. It's very clean. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-12 17.20.46.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	42468

Could you PM me a price?
    -dnar