Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody work in the hospitality industry? Please PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    You guys are over thinking it. The sign in card is only used as proof you have arrived, thats all. They need this copy, not you. It has some info on it, but its not a contract. All the agreements/contracts are made when you reserve a the room, and you get copies of all that. When you check out its all summarized, you pay for it, and then you get copies of the completed transaction.
    You have to remember there's such a thing as variation of contract and if you are offered new terms and sign (agree), then the contract adopts those new terms. You're probably right there's nothing sinister here. But a good general policy is never sign anything until you've read it through 1st. As a flip side, though, if a business has standard terms and conditions and you reject those as a consumer, then they will probably refuse to do business with you.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You have to remember there's such a thing as variation of contract
    That stuff doesnt really fly in the US. I know you guys opinions of US policies are self serving, and they are, but we are also sue happy. Everything is by the letter, unless stated "rates may change during your contract", and you must agree to that first. That usually only applies to utility bills for the most part. 99.9% of the time if you are locked into a contract you need lawyers to change it, on either side. The US is really anal about contracts. If someone breaks one there are a boat load of lawyers who will jump at the chance to hang you. You could probably get away with murder easier than breach of contract. Same goes with parking tickets, LOL.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Default Success!

After a few emails to a regional account director for Florida, here is what they wrote:

Mr. Benner,
    Per our legal counsel at [company name removed] the guest should always receive a copy of their registration card upon request. The front desk clerk at the Universal property and [person's name removed] at the John Young property are grossly misinformed. The Regional Director of Operations is sending an email out to all hotel managers in our region to inform them that a guest should always receive a copy of the registration card if requested. Asking for a copy of the registration card is not a normal request and I believe people at our company were confused. We are addressing the issue to retrain our staff on this issue. Thank you very much for bringing this to light and please call me on my cell if you have any further questions.
    To me this whole thing was like an eposide of The Simpsons. The customer is required to agree to their policy on pets, agree to the rate and duration of the stay, agree to the parking, etc. All of these things are mentioned on the "registration card" but, ironically nowhere else in what you receive after you check in. So they want customers to agree to these things, but then you don't want the customer to remember, or have a written record of that to which they agreed.

Anyway, I hope my little rant and the subsequent results will help other guests!

Bill