Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB CNI red laser module

Lasever 500mW, 635-638nm red module 400USD.

Or ask Winni for the Shenzhen 500mw 638. It`s a flashlight, but the damage is USD 90,-. (Refering to latest pricelist on diodes.)
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Shenzen divergence is wrong!

I guess you are right about Shenzen whiteg, but as Massivsound writes, it is not important for some of his customers if it is a torch or a Kvant.

Bright light for less money, not tight light for more money.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Where can I get a 3mm <1.0mRad 2watt 650nm lol
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Thanks for the replies everyone, ended up with a module that (I assume) is made with two of the Mitsubishi diodes... 1W with reasonable size/divergence for about the same cost as the original CNI module. It will be a major improvement to his projector (although it won't match the other one which still has a flashlight module inside). I couldn't find the module domestically though. It was no use to tell my client that the red laser he had was essentially worthless and he needed to pursue an upgrade for his matching projector as well. Even though it came from the UK, these projectors are the quintessential low-quality products that many people on this forum talk about. No adjustable mounts, terrible color balance, garbage red module, etc. Laptop type power supplies were secured with plastic zip ties inside the projector.

Talking with people who care about the number of watts rather than the technical details of what that really means can be frustrating, but I guess most people just don't want to dive that deep into things. I do a lot of sound work too, and it's the norm for folks to talk about a soundsystem in terms of watts (a nearly meaningless metric). Drives me crazy sometimes but I guess it will always be a part of these types of activities.