Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black or LDS ???

Default Mamba Black or LDS ???

Hi all

So, the time has come to get some softwareand a USB DAC. I've read the available info on the main packages. I think Pangolin is probably too advanced for me and I feel that the starter versions of their software lack functionality compared to other software.

I had pretty much decided that Mamba Black (with an EasyLase USB DAC)offered good functionality at a reasonable price and was ready to make a purchase. However, Jian whom I bought the DT40Pro Scanners from informs me that he sells LDS software with the EasyLase DAC.

How good is LDS when compared to Mamba?

If I purchase the Mamba software am I better buying the Medialas USB DAC as well?

Would I have any difficulty wiring up the Medialas DAC to the DT40's (if I buy the LDS & Easylase, Jian has offered to make me the necessary cable(s).

Are ther any other issues I should be concerned about or should I be looking at other software altogether?

Load of questions I know, but hopefully some kind people on here will have gone through the same thing and will have more experiance than me.

Cheers

Jem

P.S. I like the function of being able to display live rolling SMS text messages on the Mamba, this, for me, has commercial potential ;-)

Wiring up is childsplay, you will be ok doing it.
    You dont only wire it to the galvos though, you need to wire it to the laser to perform the blanking on each colour.
    I prefer the MediaLas box.

Have you downloaded the demo of Mamba Black?

Jim

Hi Jim

I contacted Medialas and they said there wasn't a demo available for Mamba. However, they did say there was some new software available soon and that if I purchased Mamba I would get a free upgrade and that would be available as a Demo.

Where can I get the demo of Mamba from that you mentioned?

Wiring, childsplay? Hmmm... I'm pretty good at anything Optical but once electrics get in the way I have this auto panic mechanism

Cheers

Jem

Jem,

I got LDS Basic for sale at ebay
    With dongle and 60-70+ complete lasershows
    450usd + shipping

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    Jem,

I got LDS Basic for sale at ebay
    With dongle and 60-70+ complete lasershows
    450usd + shipping
    Thanks Cruch

The thing is that i'm not at all sure I want LDS. It was only thrown into the equation because Jian was trying to sell me it with the Easylase DAC. I'm still leaning towards the Mamba but just wanted some optinions from the group. I guess if Jian hadn't made the offer I would have definately bought the Mamba.

Still, thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Depending on replies here i'll let you know whether or not i'm interested.

Cheers

Jem

Jem, PM me your email address and I'll send you the demo of Mamba Black (ver 1.63).
    The later versions you need the dongle to open. On this version you just cant save or output to a DAC.

Jim

And LDS works just fine with easylase DAC
    I had the LDS and easylase before.
    Now I have Pangolin Pro

Check your mail Jem, I've sent it

Jim

New software from medialas ....

do you know about this jim ?

first ive heared of it ..

Last i know was that peter was away from mamba development

maybe to to the new software

im looking forward to finding whats happening ...

I have never known so much to happen in the laser software world with Bill bringing out the new pangolin stuff and now medialas as well

"THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT WITH ...... LASER"

all the best .... KARL