Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILD SOS – Advice please

Default ILD SOS – Advice please

Hi All

I have ordered ILD SOS from www.innolasers.com, I have made payment, I have had a automatic email confirming the order but after 2 days I still have not received a download link.
    I have email them, I have contacted drlava via PL and still no reply, I am started to get worried has anybody dealt with him recently.
    If I have not heard back from him soon I may have to contact my credit card company, any advice would be helpful

Regards

Brian

Hi Magus

Thanks for your reply; I hope he reads this and your reply as he needs to get his act together if he is charging people, I agree he is charging for a service and not providing it. I have now sent him yet another email !

If he doesn't send me the download link by tomorrow morning then I will be reporting him to my CC provider it now been over 3 days and he has my money and I don’t have the product I paid for !!

Regards

Brian

Oh this has been happening multiple times.
    However you wont be getting anything out of this other then trouble reporting this and a waste of time.

The software for what it does isn't expensive but the price to pay sadly enough is a very long waiting time.
    Others can testify on this one but in the end it's worth the weight.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I have a feeling drlava usually deals with business on weekends. I'd say at least wait until monday before freaking out.

I love how in the internet age if you don't receive product within 3 days people start to worry they are getting swindled out of money. It wasn't too many years ago that shipping was 7 days min. I realize you are waiting for an email with a link in it but trust me you are not on the list of priorities for Dr. Lava even if you have paid. With that said though you will eventually get your product. He does not forget his responsibilities he just has so many things going on in his life that selling his products is a low priority. I agree with CMB that he probably waits till the weekend to take care of this type of thing. I had to wait for LSX for probably a month before it was in my hand but at the same time I am glad I waited and didn't make a big fuss about things. If you do your research you will see you are not the first person to think they are having problems with Dr. Lava. But trust me you will eventually get your product just be patient.

I am surprised Dr lava does not have something set up so that E-copies are sent automatically when payment is received or processed. With the great software he has created seems like this would be easy for him to implement.

When I ordered LSX I don't think the payment was actually put through, although I did eventually cancel my order as a second hand copy came up.

I seem to remember that my lasercam order wasn't too much of a wait, although I still had to wait - We are all rather spoilt by instant gratification, whether it's on demand TV or same day dispatch

It is a shame that there are delays as LSX and Lasercam are awesome bits of software - I've not got ILDsos yet but will be ordering it soon - despite expecting to wait

Hang in there. I trust Andrew, as do many others here.

Keith

I thought ILDsos came with LSX installs. I am pretty sure it was installed with my basic version but I have never used it. Maybe it was a trial version like the Laser Cam software that came with LSX.

When I ordered LSX it took like 3-4 weeks to get. Then I decided I wanted an Etherdream DAC which I again went through Dr Lava. That took like 6-8 weeks or something crazy. I won't even touch on the Flexmod GB. Needless to say my project that I though I would get done in May took till August. I got it done just in time to take to SELEM and show off. Although it was not nearly as impressive as some of the other home brew projectors I saw there. Would I have liked to get things sooner yes, but I knew that I was dealing with someone working out of there house and I knew that everyone said it was worth the wait. I waited and I love everything I have received from Dr Lava. If I had the money right now I would be buying more Flexmods and another Etherdream through his site.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies. It seems that unbeknown to me this is very common. However that dose not excuse Dr Lava, he is selling a product that has an electronic download, once payment has been taken and authorised, as mine has, the buyer should get an automatic email with the download link.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I love how in the internet age if you don't receive product within 3 days people start to worry they are getting swindled out of money. It wasn't too many years ago that shipping was 7 days min
    Yes but in today’s age, if you purchase software online you expect to get some contact from the seller, after several emails I have not had any reply.
    Once payment has been taken by a seller (doesn’t matter where they are in world) they have a legal obligation to supply the goods the user has purchased or a refund, from my point of view I have tried to contact him, I have never dealt with him before I haven’t had any reply so I will get worried.

If he put something in his website to say that orders can take up to 7 days to process or something users wouldn’t get to worried, all they see it their card has been charged and no goods!

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    But let's be real here, has anyone here had to wait for an *electronic* version of any other program after buying it on the internet?
    Agreed, however after 4 days of no response to my emails I would be getting worried. I sell my own software, due to the nature of it I have process it manually to produce a licence file, there is a warning on my sites saying this and that it can take up to 48 hours in a working week, however I normally get them processed within 8 hours

Based on the replies here, I will now wait….

However Dr Lava, I’m sure at some point you will read this thread, it may be wise to take note of these comments. From what I can gather you are a very intelligent and clever man, I’m sure you can add an automatic response email with a download link to the user once the payment has been processed.

Thanks Guys

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I thought ILDsos came with LSX installs. I am pretty sure it was installed with my basic version but I have never used it. Maybe it was a trial version like the Laser Cam software that came with LSX.
    My version was second hand and didn't come with it, so I'll order it separately when I order my flexmods.