Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitch in Target Beams

Laser Warning Glitch in Target Beams

Hello.

Wow its been along time since i posted here hope all geeks are ok.
    Been really busy with other work related stuff the last year but have an upcoming show at the end of march.

Last show i did i discovered i had some glitches in my Target Beams. Which basically mean that my 4 hours setting up targeting mirrors in the venue was for nothing once the show started 2 hours later.
    Meaning that the beams are wandering off there targets. Sometimes it takes an hour sometimes it takes just a minute of another animation.

Now i tested this last night and set the targets on a wall in my office, draw a small circle around the position and went to bed.
    This morning i turned on the laser and started the targets again and yep. same as i remember the targets have moved. Its not much, just one centimeter or less but my office is quite small so in a big venue.... well you get the problem.

So does anybody have an idea what can be the problem?

1. ILDA cable? should it be grounded from my FB3
    2. Grounding error inside the enclosure?

I will try with another ILDA cable i have.

Another thing that i noticed last night.
    I have an old smokemachine and if im running the laser with an animation on and press the smokemachine button the laser stops. I mean the light. It dosnt shut off the scanners or fans or anything else inside the laser just the light from all modules RGB. This to me says its some grounding problem. But i guess it perhaps can be the old smokemachine that sends out an dangerous electric-spike or something. This is when everything is connected on the same fuse here in my office. Or could it be that the FB3 gets disturbed? My FB3 is connected with USB and an AC/DC adapter. To get the light going again i just restart Pangolin Software which to me indicate that its something with FB3 card?

Really a tricky question i know, but i just want to get some thoughts inn before i start the error searching-

Again, hope everything is ok with everyone and the business is well, here in Sweden there is one or more "cheap lasers" running on auto at all clubs these days so the laser rental business is hard but there still are some event-planers understanding the difference between auto and a real show.

Here is a video of a show i did for an event a year agoo.

You can download the show below.talamascashow_quickshow.zip
    WARNING: Please be careful running the show if you have a bright system as there are alot of Hot Beams wich are dublicated-- USE GOGGLES OR GOOGLE
    Last edited by rfourt; 03-09-2014 at 23:25.

probably just thermal drift in your gavlos, or something else galvo related...

my EMS4k's do this too with LivePro (QM2k) or Beyond (FB3)

I was going to say the same thing about the scanners… what are they?

Oh ok.. thnx for answer.
    they are DT30K Bought from Edison if i remember correctly.

anyway of solving or just buy new?

Maybe your cleaning lady bumped your projector in the night?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post
    Oh ok.. thnx for answer.
    they are DT30K Bought from Edison if i remember correctly.

anyway of solving or just buy new?
    pretty sure all scanners are going to do this if they are not designed for repeatability (show scanners are not)

maybe the new pangolin stuff might be better about this but until someone tests it out who knows?

Get Cambridge…..

I would say grounding issue, or bad psu which is unstable with low load. But DT30 are maybe problematic too, I had some obvious instabilities, but things are way better now with ems4000 and two traco power supplies.

Thanks for the QS show. Will test it at home this weekend. Look good onscreen.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I would say grounding issue, or bad psu which is unstable with low load. But DT30 are maybe problematic too, I had some obvious instabilities, but things are way better now with ems4000 and two traco power supplies.
    I have ems4k's with PowerOne linear regulated PSU's and I assure you after a couple hours I can't hit the same targets anymore