Thread: need red module-

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Default need red module-

Hi -
    i need a red module- at least a watt for
    a short order build-
    anybody have anything?

pm with any goodies-

anybody used the dual 500mw 638nm mitsubishi
    chinese units i see floating around?

thx
    go big or go home

Budget listing please.
    Edison makes good modules but quality isn't cheap.
    The average Chinese 638nm module is quite bad actually, lack of correction optics or rushed alignment to save cost and time.

LaserWave is one of the few good ones I've heard though.

Thanks masterPJ

To be honest i,m dirt cheap but its how you look at things. Cheap means low value for less money. Often the quallity goes down the drain. I offer more then just mw/ euro i offer service , warrenty , option of upgrading after module is purchased, repair, and above all a worry free module. With the last that means not having to worry that if there is a problem i solve things ALWAYS. Sure it cost more but you also get more for it. People can even trade their module in after a year and upgrade to a higher power when new diodes come on the market. So its a choice, buy things cheap and hope it last and if not trow it away or stretch the budget and invest in someone who helps you when nessesary.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Just a question of money.

The cheap module (500mw 538nm ) the shenzen, but no good performance. Big divergence..etc.
    Good price the Lasever older module 500mw 635nm, 400usd now.
    The all 637-38nm 500mw module, CNI, Laserwave, and other is better, but expensive even.
    You can home build the module, Dtr lasershop, and dave.....etc componenten.

Interesting thoughts. But, not everyone can afford a "Ferrari". Lot of people live a Small salary.
    I think, Edison, Kvant, RGBlasersysteme and new Laserworld series is better, but too expensive.
    Poor men good price is bought Lasewave, Lasever, CNI laser, but some people build home made module.

A carpenter can afford a makita because he makes enough money with doing his job. Laserists should be able to finance their equipment by doing shows. If people can,t finance their equipment by doing lasershows they are clearly doing something wrong. I have reds for 750 euro excl vat with good beamspecs and on top of that i provide service and warrenty. Just because its allot of money for most people its not expencive compared to others in the market.

The problem is that most people charge to less money for doing a lasershow because they do it for "fun" and free beer. That way you never get better equipment or can afford higher power unless you build things your self or buy from china. The cheapest way to start is buy from china. Buy some green,s and upgrade to RGB allong the way.

Doing lasershows is a bussiness and not a hobby. Eventually people can afford better equipment but for that you need to have some kind of bussiness strategy. I do admit that its not easy since the guy in the next town is willing to do the same sort of show for half the price it should be .......

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    A carpenter can afford a makita because he makes enough money with doing his job. Laserists should be able to finance their equipment by doing shows. If people can,t finance their equipment by doing lasershows they are clearly doing something wrong. I have reds for 750 euro excl vat with good beamspecs and on top of that i provide service and warrenty. Just because its allot of money for most people its not expencive compared to others in the market.

The problem is that most people charge to less money for doing a lasershow because they do it for "fun" and free beer. That way you never get better equipment or can afford higher power unless you build things your self or buy from china. The cheapest way to start is buy from china. Buy some green,s and upgrade to RGB allong the way.

Doing lasershows is a bussiness and not a hobby. Eventually people can afford better equipment but for that you need to have some kind of bussiness strategy. I do admit that its not easy since the guy in the next town is willing to do the same sort of show for half the price it should be .......
    I agree 100%.
    Its hard to charge real show prices with there are other people offering subpar shows for pennies in comparison.

The look on peoples face when you tell them a show price has a comma in it......
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I think the issue of show price is two fold. On the one hand you have people under valuing shows and going out for small money. On the other hand you have people still trying to value laser shows based on ion era equipment costs and setup hassles.
    I tend to treat lasers as I would any other lighting effect for kit cost price per day/week and operator cost comes a bit higher due to safety issues and paperwork where required.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

What red laser modules are available at $ 300 - 350?
    I looked the cheap Laserwave OEM Pro Red 637nm 0mW-170mW and the beam specifications is good.
    I looked the LW and Lasever 638nm series (more power 300-500mw), but the beam specifications is worse than 637nm. Maybe that's if low money 638nm is a good choice.
    I collect the Information, so I will know decide.
    The module dimensions must also be considered, as must be all small places.