Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

I guess I don't understand how playing 3 shows next to each other is less strain than playing 1 big show, it's still being done with just 2 mirrors (which have to scan the same distance in either case).

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Because in one big show, the scanners move from end to end all the time, while if you have 3 smaller shows the scanners move a smaller amount per show and only occasionally make a big jump.

Because in one big show, the scanners move from end to end all the time, while if you have 3 smaller shows the scanners move a smaller amount per show and only occasionally make a big jump.
    Right. Fewer jumps (big ones)/second = less time dedicated to the inter-frame movement and more to write each frame. Plus this large frame movement will be accomplished while the lasers are blanked.

If you look at the video right at the start(after pangolin's "Kicking it intro"). The three test patterns are being projected and there is flicker in each pattern at different times. If it was a true 90k 30deg would the flicker if any be over all 3 test patterns at the same time? Not one after each other.

Quote Originally Posted by depo View Post
    If you look at the video right at the start(after pangolin's "Kicking it intro"). The three test patterns are being projected and there is flicker in each pattern at different times. If it was a true 90k 30deg would the flicker if any be over all 3 test patterns at the same time? Not one after each other.
    It's sounds as if you're looking at the older video.

The one from Prolight in post #1 has no kicking it intro, just the Toto song "Africa". At full screen and 720P I can't see any flicker in any of the 3 shows.

By contrast, the one on the left with the ball, was the show I believe was earlier demo'ed at 60K on an earlier version of the driver and still had some flicker. In fact Bill, said it was one of the very hardest shows to display (I forget the name but believe its supplied with LD2000).

3 side by side is impressive either way and to show 3 ILDA patterns side by side at 90K, from one projector is phenomenal, irrespective of angle!!

3 side by side is impressive either way and to show 3 ILDA patterns side by side at 90K, from one projector is phenomenal, irrespective of angle!!
    I agree completely.