Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Some initial thoughts was that the Scannermax galvo size is really small, and it's a nice surprise to see scanners running without external amp.

About the performance it was difficult to judge anything as they all did similarly sharp graphics. Just the Eyemagic 5100 was running at a smaller angle as their performance is a bit lower.
    Yeah that's one of the key differences.

90K @ 8 degrees ILDA and 90K @ 30 degrees show is massive. Even more impressive when you can run 3 difficult shows simultaneously at 90K @ 30 degrees without flicker or issue. Makes you wonder how wide you could go at 90K with only 1 show!

Same with the 506's, 30K at 32 degrees ILDA from memory and around 50 degrees for shows.

There's nothing else that comes close to those figures that I'm aware of which is why the Saturns are such a step forward, before you even take into account the digital amp.

good thinking!!! Nice to have 90kpps but the majority has quickshow here. Second no one here needs 90kpps scanners since 95% does beamshows anyway. The price will also be to high for what most people want/can spend unless they earn a good value of money for doing lasershows.

Waving some beams left to right with multiple projectors doesn,t require 90kpps scanning. Beamshows run on 24kpps for best brigtness. Of course there are always a small group of people that want something that is totally wasted money for what there application.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

90kpps is good for beamshows as well.
    You can make a heap of dots more then you could with a 30kpps scanner and if you are projecting big angles with a laser then this extra complexity does work for beamshows.
    It's also good as it offers an extra power reduction factor when needed "though this latter shouldn' be a pull factor".

It's more that the sales market for content will need to shift, there will be a lack of 90kpps graphic shows at first because it takes some time for enough people to own a set, same goes for content creators.
    There is a big market for logos and graphics and 90kpps is a really big deal. Imho this is an essential step forward that should be credited more towards.

We can't just keep sticking with these older standards because "that's how we always did it and because it works".

To me seeing 90kpps being projected is a dream come true, allowing for multiple animation characters and backgrounds and more!
    Or playing 2 graphics shows on 2 screens from 1 projector!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Yeah that's one of the key differences.

90K @ 8 degrees ILDA and 90K @ 30 degrees show is massive. Even more impressive when you can run 3 difficult shows simultaneously at 90K @ 30 degrees without flicker or issue. Makes you wonder how wide you could go at 90K with only 1 show!

Same with the 506's, 30K at 32 degrees ILDA from memory and around 50 degrees for shows.

There's nothing else that comes close to those figures that I'm aware of which is why the Saturns are such a step forward, before you even take into account the digital amp.
    FB3 with Quickshow will go to 30k, FB3 with beyond will go to 120k
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post

Makes you wonder how wide you could go at 90K with only 1 show!
    The same width as you would with the 3 shows playing because you are still running it at the same speed.
    I guess you mean how wide you can go with 1 show playing at 30 or 60kpps?

I think that you have mixed all the information on this forum.

5100 are 25-30kpps. Saturn 1 are the only ones that can perform correctly at this speed.

In fact the most disturbing is not the pure reached speed, but the ENORMOUS scan angle added to this speed.

--- www.neodym.be ---

Edison, i do not agree wit you, many of us also do corporate shows or laser projections on buildings.

Customer alway want long text or have impossible logo's and we are always struggling with the 30/40k limit.
    I have done multiple shows with two projectors to share the load between the two projectors to get a combined 60k

The hussle and cost to bring 2 lasers does not compare to having one projector with a 90k scanset and make long tekst and logo smooth.

Wow, pretty impressive! 90K? Yes please! My shows are a little point heavy

Regarding what Edison wrote...

First point: When it comes to Audience Scanning, faster scanning is safer scanning! As the beam moves faster, the pulse width across the eye is reduced. Moreover, if you can guarantee that pulses across the eye will not exceed 27 microseconds, then you can more than double the power level considered to be safe with typical scanning.

Second point: Yes, we've artificially limited QS from going faster than 30K because when we allowed software to go faster (i.e. our LD2000 system), people were overheating their scanners. Well, heat is not a problem for our scanners because we have such a low coil resistance and higher torque-to-inertia ratio. Things just don't get hot -- even at 90K! With this being the case, we'll put a kind of "key" (special key sequence or something like that) to unlock the QS scan speeds, when people are using ScannerMAX scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Neat-o.. What was your 'subjective' opinion on the results you saw from each?
    There is one more question. Did anyone besides me put a hand on the scanner mounts? EMS was red hot! CT6215 (and they were 6215 not 6210) were moderately warm. Compact was ice cold. And in our booth when the scanners were running at 90K, the scanner body temperature did not exceed 32 degrees C.

Maybe we should change the name of that division of our company to "Scanner Magic"

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 03-16-2014 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Careful there! If you'll add an exception *only* for ScannerMAX scanners then you are creating unfair advantage for your scanners when using Quickshow over other >30K scanners.
    An unfair advantage or just an advantage?

Apple makes iTunes for both PC and Mac. But iPhone works a HELL of a lot better with iTunes on a Mac than it does on a PC... Does this mean Apple must "dumb down" what they can do on a Mac with an iPhone, for fear of upsetting PC users? I don't think so...

The difference between our scanners going >30K and everyone else's is heat. As you might have heard in my video, heat inside a scanner increases as the FOURTH POWER of scanning speeds! So this is why faster scanning is absolutely hazardous to scanners made in a conventional way. But our scanners do not even get hot! I believe that future versions of our Compact 506 will use a sheet metal mount, with the scanner mounted to the front of a piece of sheet metal held there with only two screws. This will allow us to reduce the cost as well. The only reason the other guys use such a thick metal mount is because they need to soak the heat away...

Bill