Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

So I was a car guy before all this came along. Build my own engines to race just like you guys build your projectors, scanners, modules, whatever.

We had a way of settling things back then..... a race.

Can we get a "heads up" race here?

Pangolin Saturn 1 VS EyeMagic EMS8000: The Show Down..

Both displaing the exact same content, at the exact same angles, with the same size mirrors, on separate base plates.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Race for pinks?

That is exactly what I am planning to do once I get a hold of a Saturn system. I have a projector sans scanner waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    That is exactly what I am planning to do once I get a hold of a Saturn system. I have a projector sans scanner waiting for it.
    I can't wait to see the video!!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeMagic View Post

As for the ''new trend'' of 90K, our EMS-8000 with 3.8mm aperture mirrors (comparable with the Saturn 1) will do a nice 90K @4 deg, a little more than the saturn 1.
    Sorry Tom, this is nothing personal, and I rarely get involved in these claim / counter claim arguments, but I can't stand unfairness....

Now I understand Pangolin demonstrated a perfect ILDA Test Pattern @ 8 degrees and 90k.

...and that's the IDLA 30K Test pattern.

I understand they were also doing perfect shows @ 90K @ 30 degrees.

So please explain how on the basis of your statement above your EMS 8000's "do a little more than the Saturn 1".

It seems to me that the difference between 90K @ 4 degrees (EMS) and 90K @ 30 degrees (Pangolin) means they do a whole lot less, (assuming everyone's claims can be proven).
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-17-2014 at 07:35.

Dear White-light,

It seems that you have confused a few numbers.

In the video released from the recent LEM, Pangolin demonstrated the Saturn 1 system, with 3mm ap. mirrors, displaying correctly the ILDA test (12/30K) at 60K@8deg or at 90K@ around 3 deg.

Where did you find the 90K @ 8 degrees ?

Also, where did you find the 90K @ 30 degree that you compare with our 90K@ 4 degrees ?

Also, where did you find the 30K @ 50 deg you have many times mentioned about the compact 506 ?

The funniest thing is that Pangolin, although very ''sensitive'' to other posts, never steps up to correct these ''incredible'' numbers that you post really often.

I do not think we will post anymore to PL. It turns to be a ''fanboy vs hater'' arena.

If anyone wants to contact us, please use our standard email address. We will also delete our account in PL so we do not receive any notifications.

Many thanks for your time.

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic

Don't leave Tom, it's nice to have scanner manufacturers here and important to have more than 1!

There are people here who sell kit and do not react to others' comments - one particular seller NEVER comments when people slag off some of the products he sells. I hold this person in very high regard for being so impartial and not rising to the bait.

Hang around and answer potential clients questions, ignore those who make you angry enough to want to leave.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by EyeMagic View Post
    Dear White-light,

It seems that you have confused a few numbers.

In the video released from the recent LEM, Pangolin demonstrated the Saturn 1 system, with 3mm ap. mirrors, displaying correctly the ILDA test (12/30K) at 60K@8deg or at 90K@ around 3 deg.

Where did you find the 90K @ 8 degrees ?

Also, where did you find the 90K @ 30 degree that you compare with our 90K@ 4 degrees ?

Also, where did you find the 30K @ 50 deg you have many times mentioned about the compact 506 ?

The funniest thing is that Pangolin, although very ''sensitive'' to other posts, never steps up to correct these ''incredible'' numbers that you post really often.

I do not think we will post anymore to PL. It turns to be a ''fanboy vs hater'' arena.

If anyone wants to contact us, please use our standard email address. We will also delete our account in PL so we do not receive any notifications.

Many thanks for your time.

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i agree with galvonaut.

i was quite excited to hear about your price drop on the ems4000. competition between vendors is always good and consumers win when there are good quality options.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Don't leave Tom, it's nice to have scanner manufacturers here and important to have more than 1!

There are people here who sell kit and do not react to others' comments - one particular seller NEVER comments when people slag off some of the products he sells. I hold this person in very high regard for being so impartial and not rising to the bait.

Hang around and answer potential clients questions, ignore those who make you angry enough to want to leave.

Keith
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Tom,
    I agree with Galvonaut. Please stay away from insulting the participants on PL and continue to provide information about your products. This will benifit your customers and EMS and if you feel the information that is provided by others is inaccurate then correct it and provide the data to support your statements.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Tom, I too have to agree. Don't bail on PL as it's very worthwhile to have these discussions and have another manufacturer here. There is a part of me that also says, part of being in business is having to face the competition. Running away merely just serves to prove perhaps the competition was correct.

Yes, this forum is generally very pro Pangolin. But that's also because they have a presence here - and answer questions, and have debates, and BE a part of the educational process. They are a visable market leader in a niche industry. There is no denying that. Eye Magic builds a good scanner. And some other products as well. Some people here swear by them and if you recall, I have a couple sets. But just like computers, people have their preference. Apple wouldn't have gotten where they are if they ran away from Microsoft all the time.