Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by depo View Post
    Apple doesn't need to be scared of upsetting PC users we are all happy saving 1000's by using PC's.
    and the most common practice with itunes is to use it once, then quickly uninstall it and never speak of it again.
    Yup! That pretty much sums it up!

This thread is getting out of control.

I think we all need to place some running compact 506's on our foreheads and just cool down.

And magus windows 8 still limits ram between versions

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

And magus windows 8 still limits ram between versions
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

Limited at 128 GB for Windows 8. Wow, such limit.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Ugh. You seriously don't see the difference? Here someone is limiting the power of the product he *himself* sells, for good reasons by the way. If we buy scanners and a program like Quickshow doesn't allow to run it at full speed, I have to pay another company to be able to use something not theirs for which I have paid *full* price already. Also If I didn't pay the full price and then had to pay the remainder to have the full power unlocked, that would be another thing, but that's not the case.

You got me on this one.
    The fact I've been using Windows all my life and hadn't noticed this tells something though. Most of us don't use >16GB RAM. I'm sure if we did and the price difference was as high as Quickshow->Beyond you'd see a lot of people complaining there as well. And from what I gathered this is no longer the case for Windows 8 which also tells something.

Oh well since you typed in capital letters I guess you don't need to give a reason why huh?
    It's a perfect and most popular analogy you'll get. What you call having an option and my gun analogy are both what's called a "Hobson's choice".
    I do.. and just like MOST of us don't use scanners faster than 30k...

I'm done arguing this point. You'll obviously never understand.

Just to make a point.. i have DT40pro's and never go over 26k at the angles I use, but i still have beyond.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Moral of the story here..

If you have scanners that go faster than 30k.. don't buy Quickshow. No matter how much you complain about how its not fair, this doesnt change the fact that Quickshow IS right now as we speak....Limited to 30k.
    And if what bill says is true and his 506 scanners "unlock" a higher scan rate. then so be it.
    If that's how he wants to get people to buy his scanners, that's HIS choice. Not yours.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

This thread is getting out of control.

I think we all need to place some running compact 506's on our foreheads and just cool down.
    LOL!

Magus,

Your analogy is terrible because in this situation, no one is forcing you to do anything, and definitely not at gun point. If you can't see the difference, or comprehend the idea of having tiered software, then I know of no way to help you understand.

-_____- so what exactly are you saying? Because i'm not following now...
    -dnar

Here, I have an analogy for you:

Trying to explain to you that you do in fact have a choice, making your analogy a false analogy, is like trying to explain calculus to a 6 year old.

Regardless if Bill says those are his intentions or not... it will sell more scanners.. can you not figure that out?

Say a person wants to do some 40-50k displays... with Quickshow... the only way they can..
    is if they get the compact 506's__ OR __ Spend twice the money, buy different scanners AND upgrade software...

Your argument was, what if people already have scanners capable of going over 30k?

Then buy Beyond, not Quickshow.

Im not sure where you are from Magus, but here in the US a legal laser is EXPENSIVE AS HELL.
    The Price of beyond in comparison, is a fraction of a single laser.

If you wana play with big boy stuff you will pay big boy prices. Same in every hobby I have.

Here's another good analogy.

Say I buy a new 5.0 mustang from ford. lets say that 5.0 Mustang comes with 400hp on the Factory (quickshow) Tune.

Now Ford knows this engine can make more power than that. it can go faster than "30k" , but you'll have to pay extra fr the SVT (Beyond) Tune, to unlock that power via a tune.
    or you go to another company that will give you different software (LSX) to allow you to go that fast (a tune)
    -dnar

magnus quickshow was set at 30k for one reason by bill. to stop the average joe that does not really know what he is doing other than making pretty patterns with his new laser, killing scanner killing scan sets.
    quick show is for hobby guys and clueless friday night dj's that just want somthing quick and easy to use.
    beyond is for pros who have a good idea what they are doing, and know what their scan set can cope with and no how far to push them, thus bill lets it run
    full speed.
    it was done for peoples own good, or he would have just had joe dick on the phone complaining your software killed my expensive projector or cheap chinese crap projector
    now every one get back to the topic of this thread
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.