Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

Instead of pointlessly argueing how about we just wait until the saturn hits the market or wait from a proper comparison from a third party?

Quote Originally Posted by zorn View Post
    the arguing now is about quickshow limits not about how good saturn is. don't you read every single post in a thread before replying?
    you might be able to resource hack to a higher scanspeed. I'll try it later.

I don,t understand why people here arguing about wich scanner performs best at what scanrate and angle if the majority can,t or will not invest in high performance scanners anyway because they make not enough money with doing lasershows to buy highperformance scanners or other equipment. Second , most of the people doesn,t need scanners that can do 90kpps because they do only beamshows so why arguing about a ferrari when all you can afford is an old beetle.

Would be funny to see a china box with scannermax 90 kpps scanners in them with the worst beamquality ever though.

Even the temperture doesn,t matter because as long as they can do beamshows and some basic graphics like logos,s and last 5 years. By the time they are broke the market has changed again and technology has cathed up. More important is that even after 3 years the manufacturer backs you up and is willing to help you out. Personally i would buy a 40kpps scanner that does the job where i use it for and invest that part that i save from buying a 90kpps in service , warrenty so i get support even after 3 years when it breaks down...... With this i mean spending that extra cash on some more expencive scanners like Eyemagic or Pangolin instead or running off to china

Instead of spending time on arguing post some nice beamshots of your last gig or some pictures from that project that your working on so everyone can enjoy it.

Just my 2 cents.......
    Last edited by edison; 03-18-2014 at 12:22.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

@ PJ, From memory the FB3 runs integrity checks and refuses to display showing a flashing amber light if there's anything wrong with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I don,t understand why people here arguing about wich scanner performs best at what scanrate and angle if the majority can,t or will not invest in high performance scanners anyway because they make not enough money with doing lasershows to buy highperformance scanners or other equipment. Second , most of the people doesn,t need scanners that can do 90kpps because they do only beamshows so why arguing about a ferrari when all you can afford is an old beetle.

Would be funny to see a china box with scannermax 90 kpps scanners in them with the worst beamquality ever though.

Even the temperture doesn,t matter because as long as they can do beamshows and some basic graphics like logos,s and last 5 years. By the time they are broke the market has changed again and technology has cathed up. More important is that even after 3 years the manufacturer backs you up and is willing to help you out. Personally i would buy a 40kpps scanner that does the job where i use it for and invest that part that i save from buying a 90kpps in service , warrenty so i get support even after 3 years when it breaks down...... With this i mean spending that extra cash on some more expencive scanners like Eyemagic or Pangolin instead or running off to china

Instead of spending time on arguing post some nice beamshots of your last gig or some pictures from that project that your working on so everyone can enjoy it.

Just my 2 cents.......
    Here you go Edison

Attachment 42595
    Attachment 42596
    Attachment 42597
    Attachment 42598
    Attachment 42599
    Attachment 42600
    Attachment 42601
    Attachment 42602
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    With this being the case, we'll put a kind of "key" (special key sequence or something like that) to unlock the QS scan speeds, when people are using ScannerMAX scanners.
    there is all sorts of reading comprehension fail in this thread... if I read that correctly the "key" (as in keys on a keyboard) are just a "cover your ass" thing for pangolin so people don't complain their DT40's went chernobyl... I don't see how QS is going to "know" what kind of scanners you have, and not some sort of hardware key... so ya, even if you don't have pangolin scanners you could unlock it...

unfortunately my ancient FB3 only does 30k even in beyond

as far as the pangolin scanners, anyone that knows me knows I am definitely not a pangolin shill, and personally, I am really excited... from what I have seen a couple times now they have an incredible product on their hands... I had nothing but bad luck with chinese scanners, and was never super thrilled with my EMS4k's (sorry Tom )

now if I could only buy some
    Last edited by flecom; 03-18-2014 at 13:07.

"This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Here you go Edison
    Simply beautiful and that even without 90kpps!!!

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

In this video I use about 12K scanning, by running such low scan rate you can make some liquid sky's into liquid sky + pencil beams

This video is also 12K scanning

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    Some graphics
    What scanners do you used for these graphics JD3?

Oviously, you'll gain a lot by upgrading them by one of the new products quoted on this thread, either from Pangolin or Eyemagic