Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin demonstrates 90K ILDA at Prolight & runs 3 shows simoultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    What scanners do you used for these graphics JD3?

Oviously, you'll gain a lot by upgrading them by one of the new products quoted on this thread, either from Pangolin or Eyemagic
    The "lol wut", "jd3", and "2t0ne" were all done with DT40Pro's
    The one at the top that says Sine entertainment was some "30k" laserworld scanners
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    The "lol wut", "jd3", and "2t0ne" were all done with DT40Pro's
    The one at the top that says Sine entertainment was some "30k" laserworld scanners
    That is quite similar to what I observed with my own scanners, DT40 are not precise at all when drawing certain patterns (mostly on circles and curved lines), but they are rather quite good doing straight lines...

If it could help, you can play with the Vector Display Settings to improve things, it's worth it as I reached better results by customizing these.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

dt40's are flawed, but are still quite capable. i would very much like to see how my shows look coming out of pangolin's and EMS' new galvos.

i have very little interest in marketing claims (by any vendor), but i'm certainly interested in making my work look as good as it possibly can. if pangolin's or EMS' scanners do that, i will upgrade and never look back.

dt40w @ 30k.

That is quite similar to what I observed with my own scanners, DT40 are not precise at all when drawing certain patterns (mostly on circles and curved lines), but they are rather quite good doing straight lines...

If it could help, you can play with the Vector Display Settings to improve things, it's worth it as I reached better results by customizing these.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Everything looks fine to me What problems are you seeing?

Then again, is a room filled with drunk/high people screaming over loud electronic music going to notice a squiggle here or there?
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I don,t understand why people here arguing about wich scanner performs best at what scanrate and angle if the majority can,t or will not invest in high performance scanners anyway because they make not enough money with doing lasershows to buy highperformance scanners or other equipment. Second , most of the people doesn,t need scanners that can do 90kpps because they do only beamshows so why arguing about a ferrari when all you can afford is an old beetle.
    I get your point, but because this is a thread established to look at this new scanning ability with the Pangolin scanners then anyone with an interest in these scanners can read about it here. I would agree with you that if this was a thread to discuss everyone's favorite overall scanner or which scanner each person chooses for which applications then it would be reasonable to question some of the enthusiasm surrounding the Saturn scanner.

Everything looks fine to me What problems are you seeing?

Then again, is a room filled with drunk/high people screaming over loud electronic music going to notice a squiggle here or there?
    Particularly the text of the LOL WUT graphics looks not precisely drawed at all, but you may not yet be used to better scanners as I am It's for a reason and not for fun that I am spending extra money to gently throwing all my DT scanners for EMS or Pangolin models...

And of course for beamshows you won't see that much difference (still, I can see differences in i.e. fans of beams). Now if you have big clients who pays you a lot for showing their new logo to hundreds of guests, I assure you they won't be full of happiness to see distorted letters!

But again, it's all a matter of what you do with your laser stuffs. A few years before I did not care at all about these details, that's why I bought cheaper scanners

Particularly the text of the LOL WUT graphics looks not precisely drawed at all, but you may not yet be used to better scanners as I am It's for a reason and not for fun that I am spending extra money to gently throwing all my DT scanners for EMS or Pangolin models...

And of course for beamshows you won't see that much difference (still, I can see differences in i.e. fans of beams). Now if you have big clients who pays you a lot for showing their new logo to hundreds of guests, I assure you they won't be full of happiness to see distorted letters!

But again, it's all a matter of what you do with your laser stuffs. A few years before I did not care at all about these details, that's why I bought cheaper scanners
    oh that was a quick trace haha the letters them self are jacked up in the trace. Scanners are fine
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    The trouble is that Pangolin thinks that only their scanners are capable of going beyond 30k. Even if somebody else manages to produce a 90k scanner, it wouldn't work at its full potential in QS, while the Pangolin scanners would. They'd need to know about the hack and perform a few nontrivial and possibly illegal steps (or buy additional software that costs more than the scanners themselves). This doesn't fit with the QS imago of user friendliness.

Of course, it's not my job to think for Pangolin. If they believe this is the best way to handle things, then this will be the way.
    cmb why would you even think about that? if the pricing on this page http://www.pangolin.com/products/pricelist-ld2000.htm is still actual (i believe not, because it doesn't have beyond listing) for that price you can get a pro level software with quality ethernet dac

and if you need 120k you'd still want the complete solution as there is currently no dac that would handle such speeds (i don't know about qm2000 or fb3.net speeds as i can't find any spec sheet that would list this value)
    usb version of fb3 would not handle that because of ... well usb

oh that was a quick trace haha the letters them self are jacked up in the trace. Scanners are fine
    JD, I've not seen 90K scanners in person but what I can tell you is there is a difference with high quality scanners. I've seen a difference with DT and Cambridge with beams.

Chat to Jem as he's had both in the same projector.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    JD, I've not seen 90K scanners in person but what I can tell you is there is a difference with high quality scanners. I've seen a difference with DT and Cambridge with beams.

Chat to Jem as he's had both in the same projector.
    Im not doubting that there is a difference at all. Just stating im content with my DT40's for the time being..
    -dnar