Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Echo Layla Question

Default Echo Layla Question

Hey guys, have a quick question. So the Layla is very easy to modify for passing DC to the output, but how about a DC modification for the input? Anyone tried this? Just wondering before I pull mine out of the rack and start poking around.

Thanks!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's an interesting idea. are you thinking of running your z5 through it?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey guys, have a quick question. So the Layla is very easy to modify for passing DC to the output, but how about a DC modification for the input? Anyone tried this? Just wondering before I pull mine out of the rack and start poking around.

Thanks!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    that's an interesting idea. are you thinking of running your z5 through it?
    That was the idea, but doesn't appear to be possible. Just discovered there's a digital offset cancel function in the ADC on the input side. Oh well!

I had a bad feeling it wouldn't work... Hmmm... Time to think about a Raven Transcoder.. Lol.. Don't have a clue about building an ILDA to Light Pipe rig... Or just break out the old Black face ADAT

Mark

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yeah... maybe the z5 needs an optical out

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    I had a bad feeling it wouldn't work... Hmmm... Time to think about a Raven Transcoder.. Lol.. Don't have a clue about building an ILDA to Light Pipe rig... Or just break out the old Black face ADAT

Mark
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    ..Or just break out the old Black face ADAT..
    ..Then obviously you do 'have a clue'.. And, taking the time to just can the ELCO / put in an ILDA I/O is well worth the effort.. Or, sure, just make an ELCO > DB25 box, etc, etc..
    cheers, M..

hey Sir D -

We've been using the 'MOTU 2408' http://www.motu.com/products/pciaudio/2408 (..cuz we've got so many channels in the big-Pjs.. ).. with great-success, but I wonder if one of these could be hijacked? http://www.motu.com/products/pciaudio/24IO ..homework-project, I guess..

Fwiw, I think Steve R. has done a lot with the Laylas, etc, so, he might have some trix up his sleeve, but.. ya, doesn't sound hopeful, there...

PS - When u gonna come out to Oakland and party with us at Chabot? Lemme know if yer ever out here again, I'll getcha hooked up.. Heh - I should ask them what they'd charge us to 'rent the dome' on an off-day (Mon / Tues) for the 'Ultimate CaLEM'..
    ..'OakLEM'..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    We've been using the 'MOTU 2408' http://www.motu.com/products/pciaudio/2408 (..cuz we've got so many channels in the big-Pjs.. ).. with great-success, but I wonder if one of these could be hijacked? http://www.motu.com/products/pciaudio/24IO ..homework-project, I guess..
    Hey Jon, can you record laser signals with the MOTU? Or is it just for playback? The layla works wonderfully for playback, but looks like a lost cause for recording.

PS - When u gonna come out to Oakland and party with us at Chabot? Lemme know if yer ever out here again, I'll getcha hooked up.. Heh - I should ask them what they'd charge us to 'rent the dome' on an off-day (Mon / Tues) for the 'Ultimate CaLEM'..
    ..'OakLEM'..
    Ha! Love to get out there again, one of these days! I'd love to see the Laserium shows! Oh, and see you again as well!

yeah... maybe the z5 needs an optical out
    I don't think something like this would be best suited for the console, rather it be an external interface that would take ILDA in along with L/R audio, then light pipe it over to an HD24. Sounds like the Raven encoder thing is a perfect match, but not sure what they sell for. If it's a pile of money for one, folks would be better off with a blackface adat and just light pipe right over to an HD24, or even light pipe it over to the layla so it can recorded directly into Audacity. I really need to try this, changing color mod via Audacity by just moving around the waveforms on the time line!

Lightbulb

Heya D -

Hey Jon, can you record laser signals with the MOTU? Or is it just for playback?
    ..We just use it for I/O to / from Ableton (..which, of course, pairs nicely with the APC-40s, and such.. ..and the color-mods / editing you can do in Abelton just *rocks*.. Anyhoo, what I'm curious about would be the '24IO', there, as an alternative to the honkin old Black Faces.. TBD..

Ha! Love to get out there again, one of these days! I'd love to see the Laserium shows!
    U bet.. Just lemme know, and I'll plan to get up there, if I can..

Sounds like the Raven encoder thing is a perfect match, but not sure what they sell for...
    ..I think they've got it down to only *one* vital organ, now! Nah, not that-horrible, really.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raven-System...-/191071537868

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Great.... Bust out another thousand...

And here Mark and I though this would be easy.

Hmmm... Not sure if this would be a good purchase or not... You already have a modded ADAT..