Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quadcopter mirrored beam show

Sounds really dangerous, lool, but could be amazing.

it's already here

It's a nice, high-powered quad, and the projector looks cool enough, but smokin-jesus-titty-cinamon, could they have picked a more annoying music track to go with that video? Sheesh!

Adam

someone should take this and make a star trek enterprise shell for it and have the beam come from the deflector dish. Add a few for phasors too.

Dude... Little old ladies would be shitting themselves!

I like it!

Adam

dzodzo that copter video is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool! thanks!

@kecked I agree, the Star Ship Enterprise went thru my mind when viewing this.
    There is some sort of UFO celebration coming up in a town nearby
    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3688
    They would love that!.. though I cannot ever imagine how one would go about getting permission/variance.. it would take some sort of 'Rock Hard' & stable zero risk GPS / beam attenuation mapping setup.. The movie industry would be all over this and you could sell them for a ton of bucks! $cha-ching$!
    Last edited by LaserCo; 07-21-2014 at 10:32. Reason: better link about ufo days

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    It's all about PIDs and diff-eq...

Some more interesting videos showcasing some amazing autonomous skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CR5y8qZf0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ
    Bluefang, thanks for these links. Makes we want to go back to school with Raffaello D'Andrea as a professor! Methinks its time to dig into some control theory...

-Jason

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by LaserCo View Post
    ...though I cannot ever imagine how one would go about getting permission/variance....
    ..The answer is, you couldn't.. I'm quite certain the FAA would / will sh* a brick over this 'concept'.. Ya, it's 'cool' - just like we all love those 'high-power twin-beam-pointer light saber dual vids', and, sure - the guy that made that 'in-palm Iron-Man laser-blaster' prop.. Cool.. BUT.. to go selling it / using such *totally irresponsible* ideas for Public-shows?? BAD idea... Why?

a) You'd never get the FAA to approve a show featuring a '360˚ Azimuth' (compass-direction..) even one with the *potential* for that to-happen.. They give 'approval' (..actually, it's not even 'Officially-approval', for the sake of them not 'sanctioning something' that might end-up going awry / crashing a jet, etc.. The closest you'll get to 'approval' is a 'Letter of non-objection'..) on the strict-basis of a Sho Co's compliance with their 'conditions for non-objection'.. ie: 'Company X *will* constrain the projections to between X-degrees and Y-degrees azimuth, and Z-elevation'; Show *must* employ aircraft-spotters, able to be contacted by the tower / ATC, etc.. They'd flip a breaker if you suggested using something so 'sloppy', like this, in US airspace, and I'm quite certain the CDRH would, also.. Why?

..because, b) Doing something like this - IMO - really changes the entire 'envelope' of the safety-parameters - of the Projector - which, should, actually, get re-Certified - as a 'moving-head-type device', especially one that is RC-controlled (!) I'm pretty-sure they'd feel the same...Especially since - iirc - that is a '10 Watt' (?) pj? Sheesh.. :facepalm: Just a bad, bad, idea, and I posture, they've (effectively) nullified the PJ-certification, since this - as a whole - with RC-control of projection-position, and wireless signal (..and therefore, e-stop control...) inputs.. really-changes the safety-params of the entire PJ..

..I just.. man.. the *potential* for sh* to go wrong with this, on so-many levels, if-used on a Public-sho...It's flat-out irresponsible, imo.. Sure - for something in a *highly-controlled environment* - like a movie-set / for a flick, etc, Ok.. under-control of an Operator / controlled-set of circumstances, etc.. but.. ..This 'Co' is well-known, out here, for doing rather 'unscrupulous' werk / shows.. (..and, that's not 'libel'.. you can find plenty of videos / pix of them scanning the * out of faces, etc... and, No 'AS-Variance' on-record, afaik..) So, I would not, personally, put it past them to yield to the 'look at our new dick' temptation to use this at some EDM-gig.. I'd like to see how quick their Op is on top of it, when someone nails this thing w/ a beer-bottle... >_<

PS - Am not directing this 'vitriol' at You / your comments, LaserCo.. ..I just hate seeing irresponsible / unsafe Hacks working in our industry...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    the *potential* for sh* to go wrong with this, on so-many levels, if-used on a Public-sho...It's flat-out irresponsible, imo..
    dsli, I could not agree more... I posted a sincere comment on that YouTube page regarding safety and compliance, lets see if there is an answer. So far NOPE. This entire project involves two of my very favorite things (R/C and laser projection), and at the same time has the potential to be a train wreck. There are just to many variables, and I'm not sure how acceptable an e-stop over wireless ethernet really is.... And thats just a SMALL part of all the variables that are of concern as you stated! .. I guess I am one of those ' tarts saying it's dangerous' as some a**hole posted on Youtube.

Sure does look cool though, its a good thing I'm not 20 years younger or I'd be building one, because in your 20's who cares. Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately it kills its student LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Go back to sleep and try to dream again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cseTX_rW3uM

Steve

Here's some more info about the CreatorsProject...and some of their other goodies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqhdqzWynl8

Kev