Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanwax Laser Safety Goggles?

Default Stanwax Laser Safety Goggles?

EDIT: The way some of the members here have desperately tried to identify my location and nationality for whatever reason they believed was needed for by asking an admin to check my profile logs and researching me by the content of my posts has been very creepy and unnecessary. So bye.
    Last edited by dream; 04-28-2016 at 16:31.

Kiwi tinker and I have them. Good to have for tuning your machine. I have heard people talk about wavelength specific googles. Ie one set for red ,one set for blue , and one set for green.
    I can't say from experience , however I can imagine that this May make working on your machine easier.

Heya, no I haven't had any accidental exposure. I have heard of people that have. It sounds like a scary experience . I use mine when I am aligning the beams.
    They are quite dark thou. I am sure there are some threads here where people with a lot experience than me have shared there views .
    Stanwax does pop up from time to time on PL. I find its best to email him thru his shop. He is pretty cool. I broke some bits once and he was really good about it.

I have a pair. They seem fine although I don't have anything to compare them to.

You can still see the beams off axis easily whilst aligning with my 2W RGB Kvant (makes around 2.8W) so they certainly don't filter all the light at that level. Equally though, the beams aren't overly bright. Whether or not the light they pass would be eye safe from a direct exposure I don't know.

Um, you should not be seeing beams with goggles on. Every one of the those goggles I've ever seen do next to nothing for protection. Also, goggles that protect against RGB would be well over $150. Those are cheap Chinese knock off goggles, and I would not trust my eyes with them.

I use OEM but they dont sell goggles anymore.

I can recommend Eagle Pair through http://www.survivallaser.com/Safety/...89_826120.aspx

A good goggle should give you 7 to 10 seconds of full exposure before it hits your eye. Eagle brand have been tested and preform longer.

Beware, these along with other brands are being counterfeited. I do know the ones on the site I listed are legit.

More info here..http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/ge...now-75799.html
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-17-2014 at 10:02.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42629[/ATTACH
    Friday evening in Whanganui nz . Safety glasses on. Edison has sold me the stanwax ilda gem tool just having a play. Not much else to do here on a Friday night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

I noticed something cool about the glasses last night. When your outputting a single white beam onto a surface, you can have a good look at the beam profile . Without the glasses it too bright to see anything.
    Last edited by daction; 03-21-2014 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by daction View Post
    I noticed something cool about the glasses last night. When your outputting a single white beam onto a surface, you can have a good look at the beam profile . Without the glasses it too bright to see anything.
    $1 sunglasses with work just the same.

I dont recommend either though. Get some good goggles before you fry your eyes. You cant watch laser shows if you're blind. I know you guys stand behind the people you buy from, but in this case dont defend non-certified goggles. You can get someone hurt. And thats not cool at all.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Please pardon my ignorance.

Perhaps I should clarify what I am writing about. I did not for a second look into the beam. I was looking at the beam that was hitting the wall. I was off to the side of the beam. The reflected light is normally to bright to be able to see the beam profile. With the glasses on I was able to see the overlap at about 10 meters. I found this very interesting. I understand that I should be very careful when writing about such things. There was infact a massive reduction in brightness .