Thread: Quicktext question...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Quicktext question...

Hey... I've got about 2 hours and 15 minutes until a show. I'm using Quickshow for my center projector and will be using Quicktext to project this sororitys name on the wall. I'd like to also run some graphic cues from time to time but, the sizes need to be considerably different. The sororitys name is using a wide but not tall projection. The graphic cues on the other hand should be smaller and the zone square so they're not all stretched out and distorted. I "think" Quicktext" automatically goes to Zone 1 for graphics. I know I can re-assign cues to their own secondary zone but, I think it has to be done cue by cue. Can Quicktext be assigned to it's own user defined zone so I can leave Zone 1 for the graphics?

Thanks... I'm headed out to the ballroom to play with it now but, figured I'd ask real quick.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Never mind. I found it. Quicktext can be assigned to Zone 1 or 5 using the little icon at the top right hand side of the preview window.

Glad you got it Brad!

In fact there were a few ways of accomplishing what you wanted. One was using the zones. Another is using what we call "Cue Live Control". It means that every cue -- and also all of the QuickTools have a way to control brightness, size, position, and rotation. So you could have made the QuickText smaller and repositioned and simply left it that way without dragging and dropping the text to a cue. Once you adjust it, any text you enter will be sized and positioned as you desired.

Bill