Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser dreams

Default Laser dreams

Since building and playing with my first single colour laser projector I was hooked. Even a single beam from a module triggered stuff in me that I can't really explain. Since before I was a member here, maybe for 2 years or so, I read as much as I could, I searched for every laser video I could find on the interweb and I dreamt about what might be possible with lasers. I still search, I still read and I still watch and I'm still in awe.

I still dream too - although I'm at that stage where some serious action has to be forthcoming to realise these dreams (and some clever balancing of finances).

My dream is to take the viewer on a journey - to pluck them from their reality, just for a while - a while that will remain with them forever. A moment that sees, nor respects boundaries that can often divide.

Through light - to connect. Through art - to inspire.

It is all too easy to be drawn to a place that is not conducive to realising our dreams. Sometimes it's necessary to see the light - just the light and nothing else.

I hope everyone who has dreams here, in this place, with this medium, however they use it, can put themselves in a place that enables them to manifest those dreams.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Sounds like Keith has sourced some good shit.

X is a wonderful drug.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

That's deep man. Real deep
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

... my dreams concerning light are more focussed on 'fabbing with light' -- the first step was UV-resin 3D-printing, then laser-engraving/LOM-fabbing, now I'm on the way for laser-sintering and 'additive molding' ... but the future target is something like 'frozen holograms' ... or 'synthetic matter' built/created by quantum-effects out of empty space and some photons ;-)

Viktor

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    I'm not sure what you said but it was beautiful.
    Only an artist would understand. I get it because I have the same aspirations.

I wish you luck on your journey Keith. I'm sure you'll do fine.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

I started this thread as I noticed that I kept getting drawn towards negative threads here on PL and thought that sharing my raison d'ętre would help me and others remember why we are here.

I know it sounds a bit hippiefied - maybe I'm a hippie at heart - or more like a wannabe hippie! I think that remembering and sharing the stuff that's important to us is a good thing. It is constructive and empowering so I'm glad people are reading and commenting.

Viktor: that sounds awesome! I have always been intrigued by this sort of technology but don't have much of an understanding. Great discoveries often start with a dream and a passion - I hope you are successful

TJ: Thanks, lets keep the dream alive!

I know it sounds a bit hippiefied - maybe I'm a hippie at heart - or more like a wannabe hippie!
    This might help :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRQGTAMmVo

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

This IS the dream. (You'll wake up when you "die".)

Haha, I hadn't heard that track in a looooong time!

Photonbeam: yep, you might be right. Dreams within dreams.