Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software compatible with ishow 2.3 DAC

Default Is there any Software compatible with ishow 2.3 DAC?

This is a bit of an ongoing story, So my laser (1500mW RGB) arrived from China complete with a few hiccups, (green diode not working), after a long drawn out conversation with the supplier they agreed to send me a replacement diode with driver and a partial refund for my inconvenience (result). Next came the DAC and software, Knowing that at some point in the not to distant future I may have to shell out a kings ransome, (and its also coming up to that festive time of year, This I know as first Coca Cola advert aired on TV last week followed by a plethora of toy adverts, my wallet is hurting already), I plumped for an economy ishow version just to cut my teeth with. `Bad Move` The DAC arrived in its nice colourful box complete with ILDA and USB lead plus a driver disk, (or so I thought) drivers? hmmm, cant install wont install, 4 machines with Windows 7 32 bit, 2 IT Technicians and a network administrator later still no joy. I then remembered that I had recently signed up to a rather friendly and helpful forum, after a bit of searching I eventually came across a link to a working version of the drivers for my DAC, and you guessed it, they worked first time.

I have configured everything and had a 3 day play with the ishow software and to be honest it leaves me a bit deflated, not quite what I had in mind. I have also discovered that the scanners in my projector are pants. (either that or im missing something really important). This brings me to the question, Is there any free to use or trial software compatible with the ishow version 2.3 DAC that I could download and familiarize myself with for the next few months? I fully intend to purchase a good software package a little way into next year plus a decent pair of scanners, Im not tight I just have a budget and responsibilities that unfortunately take priority till Santa has been, im sure you get the picture as quite a few of you have no doubt been there. I also have another question, how do I benchmark my scanners? Many thanks in advance, Mark.
    Last edited by Mark07; 11-15-2013 at 15:48.

Spaghetti is compatible with ishow DAC 2.3.

Pangolin christmas sale is coming There can be some pretty good deals this time of year. I've personally never tried LSX, but it has a following, however not sure about the iShow dac compatibility.

And from my understanding the iShow dac won't be a good performer regardless of software, so probably best not to spend much money on software for it unless you can transfer it to another dac later.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much for decent free software out there.

I have also gone down the road of "Cheap is probably good enough for me", but the reality bites back. iShow is not a good deal for anyone i think. The software have some walue, but that is ONLY because it comes with a library of ILDA files. The controllersoftware for the projector is nearly impossible to understand, and most users give up. Spaghetti is really good value for money, and works with the iShow DAC, but it does not show the projectors potential. The graphics quality is extremely poor, compared to FB3 from pangolin. I have a RIYA DAC sendt from drlava, that i want to use with spaghetti. Hopefully i can use both the iShow DAC and the RIYA DAC together. The iShow DAC is then to be used for simple beams ONLY.

So Mark07, my recommendation is to get another DAC then iShow. As most post here at PL say, save up and get quality, it is cheaper in the long run. I like Spaghetti, as it has a very easy userinterface, and since you have the ILDA files from iShow, you can do a lot of nice work with it.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

has anyone noticed something funny about the help menu in Ishow? When you choose "About Ishow" it displays all of Pangolins info for quickshow. Is Ishow a hack of Pangolins software? Is the Dac made by Pangolin?

Quote Originally Posted by skacutter View Post
    has anyone noticed something funny about the help menu in Ishow? When you choose "About Ishow" it displays all of Pangolins info for quickshow. Is Ishow a hack of Pangolins software? Is the Dac made by Pangolin?
    Can post a screen shot?

Here is my screenshot showing the "About" in IShow Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.bmp 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	42087

Wow, that's horrible, just a blatant lie. My guess is they're trying to capitalize on the pangolin marketshare, perhaps by trying to fool people into thinking they're getting quickshow and it's a good deal that they'll go and buy more ishow dacs.

Ishow most definitely is not made by Pangolin. The software in the back definitely does not resemble any Pangolin product...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We know the people who wrote the program. I hope I'm not giving them too much of the benefit of the doubt, but in this case I don't think it was their attention to lie, but rather to help their clients and perhaps help Pangolin too...

As we communicate with them, it is apparent that they don't communicate well at all in English. During a private meeting, they expressed an interest in suggesting more powerful software -- basically offering people a suggestion of where to go next. But in their effort to help, they made the advertisement seem as though "this program is QuickShow", rather than a suggestion that "if you want more power, you can upgrade to QuickShow".

We'll try to communicate with them what they should and should not do In the mean time, we greatly appreciate you posting this and bringing it to our attention!

Best regards,

William Benner

The drawing editor looks exactly like my lasershow designer drawing editor on qm32. The rest of the utilities like the show editor are useless Crap (I don't mean to be disrespectful)