Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know 'em, you love 'em.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default You know 'em, you love 'em.

Just found this and laughed my ass off. (Mainly because I've been there and know them.) I'm suprised its been up for a year and I hadn't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqWqCsGRTI

But... more proof about buying from X-Laser AND further proof that there is NO correlation between X-Laser US and X-Laser.hk

Nice vid guys!

(And yes, plans are still to get one soon!)

Hehe, I enjoyed that. I'm amazed the galvo mirrors lasted so long!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...more proof about buying from X-Laser..
    Pfff.. all this proves is that Pelican-cases *totally* rock.. ..jk, Truly amazing. What else would we eXpect. Kudos to Dan, et al.. You guys deserve all the gold-stars for 'taking the high road'.. and still winning..

..But, I gotta say.. Dan: is yer Son available for hire? ..Cuz, ya know.. I know a couple 'defiant' / blatant unsafe audience-scanning 'laserists' I'd love to see him and his Louisville Slugger catch-up with...

Gr8 werk, guys, as-usual..

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-17-2014 at 13:49.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I actually insisted on the pelican case, I was concerned about damage to my truck if we just hit the projector directly.

Now that was a lot of fun to watch!

Congrats to Dan and the rest of the X-Laser team on their military grade laser projector.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    all this proves is that Pelican-cases *totally* rock..
    Don't think the Pellican case did anything to protect it when they set it on fire dude. Or when they were hitting it with the baseball bat (multiple times), or breaking a 2x4 over the thing, or even shooting it with a .22 long rifle!

And remember: the case broke the second time they dropped it off the ladder, but the projector still worked.

No way in hell you'd do that with anyone else's gear, that's for sure.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Don't think the Pellican case did anything to protect it when they set it on fire dude...
    Umm, Buddy, I think you may have..

(..see my and "jk.."? Yep.. datz wattit wuz..

..still, I raise my glass of JD + Disaronno to ya.. Best mix ever..
    cheers..
    j

see my and "jk.."? Yep.. datz wattit wuz..
    No Jon, I honestly didn't. Sorry.

The problem is that your posts are absolutely littered with extraneous punctuation and other grammatical puzzles (like the baby talk above - seriously, what's the purpose of that?), to the point where it's often impossible to tell what you are really trying to say. Like many here, I can only skim your posts and then guess at the true meaning you intended.

Nevertheless, I accept that you were "just kidding".

Adam

PS: Just for the record, it's supposed to be Scotch and Disaronno, not Tennessee Whiskey and Disaronno, assuming you're making a Godfather Martini, that is...

Lightbulb

The problem is that your posts are absolutely littered with extraneous punctuation and other grammatical puzzles (like the baby talk above - seriously, what's the purpose of that?)
    Purpose? Hmm, I guess I hadn't really formulated one.. I guess, though, it would have to be 'clobber over head with obvious 'it was a lighthearted JOKE' overtones', so that it would hopefully lead to the correct conclusion (it was a silly joke at the beginning of a sincere compliment / impressiveness-reinforcement..) Obviously, I flunked out on that one, too..

...to the point where it's often impossible to tell what you are really trying to say. Like many here, I can only..
    Hmm..

.....jk, Truly amazing. What else would we eXpect. Kudos to Dan, et al.. You guys deserve all the gold-stars for 'taking the high road'.. and still winning..
    ..Gosh, yer right.. that's pretty puzzling. Sorry I don't fit into anyone's lil' box.

I definitely do have some sort of 'punctuation-illness', where it seems I just don't get that you can't express yourself in ascii like you can talk / express yourself in live conversation. It's the Italian-blood, I guess.. Oh well, I guess if people lose-out on anything actually-valuable I might post here, because of the way I post it, here (and they 'skim' / refuse to just read it..) there will always be scores of other, 'drier', posters who will clear the ascii-air and PL will survive my dribble.. Worth noting, however, that usually when I intend to post anything that - *truly matters* - ie: serious-advice / information (ie: the PL-Wiki, tech-tips / suggestions, etc) it's nearly 100% smiley-free.

Just for the record, it's supposed to be Scotch and Disaronno...
    Hmm, interesting.. I guess, if the first one I ever had in NC, there, was ordered for me, that would have escaped my notice.. Not sure where / from-who I got the 'JD' idea, hmm. Well.. 'For the record' JD + Ama, also 'does the job' / flavors-well, together, but yeah.. ie: I can see 'Pinch' and Disaronno playing well together..

Anyhoo, enough of this hair-splitting, ya?.. I'm pretty sure Dan, et al, 'got my point'...
    ciao
    j

I just appreciate you guys talking about the product at all. I don't have the energy or time to pull the old chinese forum spammer routine.