Thread: BEYOND and LD2000 color palette question

Default BEYOND and LD2000 color palette question

Hello members, after upgrading my green i have to turn it down for a better color balance with graphics and want to use full power with beams ;-)

I know how to tune individual colors in LD2000 Palette but am unsure how Beyond adresses these palette settings.

What i do is the following:

1. Open Lasershow Designer 2000
    2. From "View" menu i choose "Instant test frames"
    3. Second option : "OK: write all 12 test frames over frames 1-12"
    4. From "Settings" menu i choose "Palette"
    5. Option 2 "Go directly to the Palette Setup dialog box"
    6. I then train each color for ever test frame for all Color balance presets
    7. I leave "High Power" selected
    8. I save from menu option "File"
    9. After saving the pallette i choose to use this as default.
    10. I press "OK"
    11. I do not train the system and leave it as it is so option "No"
    12. I choose "OK" to keep the current palette selections.
    13. I then start BEYOND to see if the palette is used.

When i finish training, the palette is saved an i assume the one i have selected is used by default.

Which pallette maps to what zone, and how to check this?
    Is it possible to have BEYOND use fully balanced for graphics and high power for beams?

If i preview the "Emu" in BEYOND, the brown is more yellow than trained in the pallette, i don't understand why and how to correct this.

When i safe the pallette i can choose that this one will be used as default but can i also use more palettes for different controllers and projectors? How to assign a palette to a controller/projector?

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If I knew more about color palettes in these two systems, I'd be happy to help answer your question. Regrettably I don't and I'm suprised no one has chimed in yet to help answer you. Don't lose faith! I'm sure some one will soon!

If not, e-mail Pangolin directly as I'm sure they can help!

I send you another email regarding your question.
    For every QM2000 you have you have to setup the colors in LD2000 and use it as default all in 1 pallete.
    Regarding Fb3 hardware you set those up in beyond like you normally would.

You setup high powered mode in it's own seperate pallete and make that default.

Wednesday we visited Prolight and Sound and i spoke to Alexey, we repeated my steps and saw the same color behaviour.
    He explained to me that we better choose to train the pallette and after doing so the colors were fine again.
    @PJ, perhaps for you to check if it gives improvement over not training automatically ;-)

Michel
    Last edited by michelrietveld; 03-14-2014 at 00:13.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

He did not spoke of the possibility to use specific palettes for specific zones ?

he made a note of it, perhaps in the near future ;-)

I was playing with the color palette settings today and in BEYOND when i select "Cue Properties", on tab "Image" there is a setting named "Output Color Balance", here you can assign which color palette to use

;-)

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    @PJ, perhaps for you to check if it gives improvement over not training automatically ;-)

Michel
    I always do this actually for a better grayscale at the lower powers
    But what you were reffering to was the brown being off, that's a lot more far off for a little adjustement