Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good 9 watt?

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    Around 15,000-20,000. Less than that would be spectacular
    Hello John i have some models for your options according to your budget.
    will send you email later.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    ...$400.00 for industrial use and entertainment. ...wow looks like $630 for two years..
    ..No, no.. that should be only 'one or the other' - not both.. ..And, the fee is 'per Registration' / Co. not 'per laser', similar to NYS and AZ's Reg's..

re: 'Good 9W', well.. heh.. I've used Kv's on 'enough gigs' to say, ya.. they're 'good bets'.. However, if you're gonna plan on doing 'Corp-werk', where graphics / color-fidelity *is* gonna be 'mission-critical', I have to (again..) hands-down recommend RGB, due to the 'external-convergence adjustment' ability.. Can't say enough how *priceless* this has been, especially for Corp-gigs / graphics..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_C8_BmShot.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	42620

.. ie: Imagine yer out in the hi-desert one chilly TX-NYE, nice and 'snuggly warm' in yer show-truck / car... but then you 'throw open the door' / hatch, etc, for ShowTime, and.. *whoosh*.. in comes a freezing-wind blast.. and *kreeek* there goes yer convergence.. With the Kv, you gotta: undo thumbscrews, defeat the interlock, restart the emission-circuit, resume projection - and then - try not to melt yer fingertips adjusting the convergence.. Or, yes, use 'reflectionally-challenging' hemostats, etc..

..But, with the RGB? Pff, a quick 'spank' of an allen-key - externally, in front, well-away from the aperture-window, even while the thing is projecting (..best, too, since you get 'instant / live-results'..) and there is NO 'breaching' the optical-deck / risking fog / dust inside, and.. like I've seen happen with the Kv's, a 'cooling off' the deck / shifting of the combiners, (..till you close it again, potentially-shifting it, again, depending on how-severe the temp-differentials in / out, are... All in all, a 'PITA'..) etc..

..Also, RGB's 'thermal-management design' is, again, the hands-down winner, in extreme hot / cold temp-enviros.

..Sure - the 'counterpoints' will be: 'Kv's are 'cheaper'. (I agree... ..and 'for beam / aerials-shows, convergence doesn't matter that much / they're all drunk/high, anyway.. a fair-point, BUT.. how many 'aerials shots' have you seen, out there, where there's varying-degrees of 'color-sep' / 'bloat' in the pix, and, well.. I, for one, like every-shot used to 'represent our Co', to be the best-possible, including aerials / beam-shots, since Pix are a Sho-Co's best sales-rep / first-impression (..and sometimes, only chance you get to 'talk' to a potential Client..

..Imho, The RGB-line allows you to - much easier / quicker / cleaner - achieve that 'best-possible', regardless of what you're projecting. And the Beam-quality is just *stellar*..

No, I don't 'rep for RGB'.. Just the 'fwiw' of someone who's done a fair-amount of real-world werk, Indoor / Out, in hot/cold, humid/dry, clean/dusty, etc, etc, and given both Pj-lines a 'decent shakedown' at this 'caliber' (outside of each's OPSL-series..) of Pj.. And, well.. it's pretty clear what line I've bet my kidney-sales on..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Fun to revisit old threads. I ended up buying the 2014 Jeep SRT dope ride, and hauls moar lasers!
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Damn! You really went for it. I think I'm gonna stick with the GC Overland w/the Hemi

I could build you a 10Watt RGB for $16,000.

go opsl and you'll never be sorry. 5w 5w 5w

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    go opsl and you'll never be sorry. 5w 5w 5w
    A good idea to how empty your bank account, especially with the 5W / 639nm OPS laser.

--- www.neodym.be ---

I've got a design for 6w of rgb in a 200mm by 200mm case. Full diode and 2w of each colour, full safety features
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Got a price in mind, Andy?

Adam

not worked out an exact price but around the £6000 mark with

dt40 scanners
    462 blue
    520 green
    637 red single mode red diodes
    spring loaded shutter
    robs safety board so all needed safety features for us regs (key switch interlock leds)
    xy flip
    ilda in and out
    power in and out

that's much cheaper than kvant

http://www.kvantlasers.co.uk/product...our-pure-diode

cheaper than swisslas

http://www.laserworld.com/shop/swiss...ow-laser-light

cheaper than rti

http://www.laserworld.com/shop/rti-l...ow-laser-light
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat