Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: safety scan lense question

what is the best place to pick up the mounts and lens? Directly from pangolin?

If you fill in your location details in your profile, people will have an easier time of recommending your local supplier
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    If you fill in your location details in your profile, people will have an easier time of recommending your local supplier
    That's weird. I thought it was there. Updated.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You can probably just order them directly from Pangolin since you're in Atlanta. You should be able to do it on their web site or, send them an e-mail.

Yea.. I will send them an email. I only want them for personal use. I wanna just check them out and see how they work.

Come to SELEM and we will have some on display!

Seriously though, the safety scan lenses are really nice. Be sure to order the 3-axis mount that goes with it. You'll need it to get the alignment right.

When the lens is mounted and aligned correctly, everything lines up perfectly. Below the safety horizon the beams are diverged, and above it they are left nice and tight. It's very difficult to notice the transition if you have it set up correctly.

Adam

what is the point of the scan lenses?
    To make the show safe for crowd scanning.

If you can't afford to buy the kit to ensure you are safe, don't crowd scan. Its a very simple thing.

if the safety scan lenses don't make the shows safe by themselves
    They can make the show safe all by themselves, but you need to be able to test whether they do or not.

They are not a 'Safe Show Magic Wand' TM product, but they're about as close as we're going to get, certainly for the price.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by zorn View Post
    To be able to project brighter beams than you could without the lenses on the audience because they are diverged more and so still meet the MPE limit?
    In a nutshell, yes!

Depending on the laser and lens combination they may bring the laser within MPE without the need for a power reduction, but the beam needs to be measured. You cannot simply put a lens on the front of a projector and declare it safe. It may be safer than it was, but still unsafe. The only way to confirm you're within MPE is with measurements.

I'm afraid the bottom line is lasers over Class II are inherently not eye safe and have to be proven otherwise.

The alternative, is Emulaser and a projector, but then you need Beyond and a suitable video projector. The suggested projector is around £ / $ 2K.