Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laserwave cw /analogue switching

Default laserwave cw /analogue switching

Hi everyone, this may sound daft but I have just got two 532 satellites (4 watt oem) and I've worked out they are set on cw but does anyone know where the switch is to change to analogue before I take thing's apart.
    Much appreciated
    lighting the way since 89

Do a search, there was a recent thread about this and someone marked them on a picture. Dave might've supplied the picture
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Cheers Norty, I found it on the board,it's a small toggle switch, eyes ain't what they used to be. I'm pulling my hair out as I've just got beyond and some replacement 532's off Winni. Problem is I can't control the power for the module via Beyond, control is set to analogue in the settings but the module is acting like on off switch, I'm baffled, both are exactly the same.
    Maybe if Bridge is about he can confirm that the board is correct and to the right is analogue. Otherwise I'll have to use Bam to death next weekend!

Maybe post a picture?
    I've seen at least 2 different drivers for LW dpss heads, with switches in different places. One has 2 inputs, one for analogue one for TTL
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by ClearBlu View Post
    Cheers Norty, I found it on the board,it's a small toggle switch, eyes ain't what they used to be. I'm pulling my hair out as I've just got beyond and some replacement 532's off Winni. Problem is I can't control the power for the module via Beyond, control is set to analogue in the settings but the module is acting like on off switch, I'm baffled, both are exactly the same.
    Maybe if Bridge is about he can confirm that the board is correct and to the right is analogue. Otherwise I'll have to use Bam to death next weekend!
    I had the same problem With two Laserwave 532nm OEM, act like TTL With Beyond, but Works fine With Phoenix.
    Have not used more time on it.........

Are you using FB3? If so, which colour channel are you connecting to?
    If its the intensity channel then that is TTL regardless of Beyond settings (primarilly used for a shutter control, so it opens as soon as any of the colour channels go above zero), you need to actually connect to R, G or B for analogue control.
    The fact you are using a single colour projector adds weight to this theory, in as much as we've seen this here before
    Frikkin Lasers

Norty,could you advise me how to do this as all my other systems have been turn key, with me concentrating on shows. I switched to Beyond after very little time on quickshow, I assumed the brightness on the apc /Beyond would just work straight away. I'm not dim, I've just got to that point after pixel mapping a load of new gear,overcoming lightjockeys pathetic maximum amount of channels per fixture and having to work off two 30 channel dimmers for mapping, my head hurts. Could you talk me through it please mate before I lose my will to continue this line of work (it's been a bad day)
    I've checked it's set to analogue and not cw
    I've set it up single colour
    With analogue response
    Project an image
    Adjust brightness
    And it's like it's ttl.
    Can you help an old fart out?
    ;-)

Oh and yes it's two fb3's
    Brightness is just on/off like a shutter

I suspect the laser module blanking is connected to the wrong pins of the ILDA connector. (3/16, instead of 5/18 or 6/19, or you may find just 3, 5 or 6 connected and the ground on pin 25)
    For single colour projectors, you usually use the red channel (I know, yours is green, but because most old lasers were small red lasers, any single colour laser was assumed to be red predominantly). Pangolin may actually do something clever and put the signal to all 3 colour channels when set to single colour, maybe try green, then red if that doesn't work.

Depending on whether you have a breakout board or similar will dictate how easy this will be to change. Might need a soldering iron on it.

Check it first and report back so we know if it is/isn't the problem.
    Frikkin Lasers

Thanks Norty, I'm kicking myself now as I've remembered about the red channel been used, as the software I've been using is 14 years old now I assumed it would have changed, I'm kicking myself even more as I've put the projector back together after I checked the analogue settings. I'll throw the back off tomorrow and check the db25 and let you know.
    And also the projector settings.
    Thanks a hell of a lot mate, makes total sense :-)