Thread: QuickShow without DVD Drive

Default QuickShow without DVD Drive

So I am going to buy quickshow and, to make myself more "mobile", a new laptop. The laptop I am thinking of getting doesn't have a DVD drive (most new laptops dont) and I was wondering if there was a way to install / use QS without a DVD Drive
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

You can just download it here:

http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/Setup_QS2.exe

The problem then is his licence file.

Not sure how QS works on installation as its been a long time, but you might need to ask Pangolin for a licence file as I'd be pretty sure that it either creates one at 1st installation from the disc, so without the disc in at least once you might be stuck, or if you're lucky, it might create one when it detects the FB3, in which case you'll be OK.

Either way, you need to download the FB3 drivers as well or copy them from the disk to a USB drive and install them that way.

It authenticates upon detection of the FB3. He will need the drivers though.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post

Not sure how QS works on installation as its been a long time, but you might need to ask Pangolin for a licence file as I'd be pretty sure that it either creates one at 1st installation from the disc, so without the disc in at least once you might be stuck, or if you're lucky, it might create one when it detects the FB3, in which case you'll be OK.

Either way, you need to download the FB3 drivers as well or copy them from the disk to a USB drive and install them that way.
    Quickshow works fine this way, you just need to hook up an FB3 to authenticate the first time. I probably install quickshow 4 or 5 times a month on average and always do it just from this file which I keep on a USB key

lol WOT?

All you need is the QS2 installer. Drivers are installed too. Apparently the imaginary license is installed too...

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

So I am unable to use it without the hardware (havent bought yet, waiting a week) any way to bypass and start exploring before?
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i believe pangolin provides a free downloadable demo version of quickshow. either check their website or contact pangolin.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    So I am unable to use it without the hardware (havent bought yet, waiting a week) any way to bypass and start exploring before?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    lol WOT?

All you need is the QS2 installer. Drivers are installed too. Apparently the imaginary license is installed too...
    I have a separate licence file but then again I've never had the retail package, only the betas.