Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: how many?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Agreed. You made the comment a couple years ago when the list was a little smaller about the fact that it was a hodge podge collection and better to stick with a lot of just a few things. I tend to agree but, it's a learning process. And spending process.

That's another reason for needing to start selling some of this stuff off. I just don't use a lot of it any more. The only good thing is, sometimes you can set different things up as the mood strikes you. Pull something out and say, "Hey, I haven't used that effect in awhile." and rig it up. By the same token, all the clients are different so, it is probably easier in the long run to run one "set up" and do it all the time. What sometimes plays into that is whether the wedding has a head table or a "Sweetheart Table" since a head table restricts how much I can set up. And of course, what the client is paying.

I'm moving towards better quality lights in general and while LED is nice, I find I still like the Martin stuff that's halogen better at times. I want to move a bit towards more moving heads as well. Funny you mention the desk as I was just looking at a couple of Flying Pig desks on eBay but, they need some repair. I do wimp out a lot though and just use sound active mode on a number of things but, frequently slave multiples of the same fixture together with DMX cable so at least they're doing the same thing when they're turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    or would it be more like two people in a mental institution arguing over which of them is crazy??
    That about sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    1 X 445 module, 1 X 532 module, 2 X 650 modules, 3X G9(?) lenses, 4 X diode mounts, PBS cube, 2 X MM1 mounts, bounce mirror and mount, dicros, modules PSU, PBS cube, Riva DAC, outer case.

Maybe 0.5
    Wow, brilliant - you are quite a bit ahead of me despite me hanging around here so long! I guess those are the DTR single mode bundles you are talking about?

I might end up coming home from the UKLEM with some more goodies :P

Keith

Re Brads post - Shhiiiiit! I guess that list is for insurance purposes?!

...and I thought I was a hoarder

Impressive Brad! It's good to know that someone else has the laser collecting habit as bad as me. Though only two projectors here, they're surrounded by 200 lasers.

Hats off to Brad ! Wow .
    Well here's my lil' list ..
    A 488 argon 20mw w/ basic stamp controller and home-made "galvos" if you can call 'em that (made out of relays .. my 1st projector-project)
    A 2W RGB static beam generator for bouncing off mirrorballs or static beam effects .. probably going to add mirror rails to it for an ariel grid effect later.
    A 532+445 in pieces waiting to put my 2W 532 in and make a RGB. Probably be about 5-6 W total output hopefully when I'm done. This one is fed by a CD player; galvo waveforms written on PC and burned to CD.
    A 638 run thru a rotating mirror gadget .. about 800mw .. cheesy but some folks like it ..
    A Spencers Special I bought on a whim .. heh ..
    An ALC60 .. another argon .. not really a pj tho .. just a laser ..
    A 473 LW that used to be the primary blue in a pj years ago.. again, not a projector .. just a laser .. but it could find its way back into a project soon ..
    .. so my number is 5 I guess

Insurance. Actually, that's one of the things on the "to do" list. I'm just not sure about a company. The liability aspect for shows end of it I have a couple possible companies but, as far as gear itself, I sort of sweat that one a little. Regrettably the company buffo uses for shows doesn't write policies up here since he got a good deal on his.

edit: Mid-way through this post, I completed an application for Travelers Insurance for the gear and am getting ready to send it to an agent so... some value to your post JD! Now the scary part will be the premium!

Right now I have:

21W RGB (Soon to be 23W RGB... getting a 10W OPSL green for it :X) (CT Lasers)

2 4W RGBs (currently in extended use at a club in LA)

5 6W RGBs (4 of them utilizing the new 1W 520s) - Waiting on dichros to finish them -.-' I have all the other parts haha

6 12W RGBs (sadly using dpss lasers) - Same as the 6Ws in regards to dichros. Damn shipment is taking too long -.-'

I've grown my arsenal over the last 2 years =)
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Quote Originally Posted by Darcean View Post
    Right now I have:

5 6W RGBs (4 of them utilizing the new 1W 520s) - Waiting on dichros to finish them -.-' I have all the other parts haha

6 12W RGBs (sadly using dpss lasers) - Same as the 6Ws in regards to dichros. Damn shipment is taking too long -.-'

YEA that just sounds like alot of money. ill take a couple 12watts off your hands if you dont like those dpss
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Darcean View Post
    Right now I have:

Ok.... I now have a new goal to strive for.